Moog Rear Outer Toe Link | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moog Rear Outer Toe Link

etnanni

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 2004 Mecury Mountaineer AWD with 16" rims. I want to know if the Moog ES800562 rear outer toe link will work with 16" rims as it appears to quite a bit larger than the OE toe link that is currently installed on the vehicle. There is very little clearance between the inside diameter of the rim and the current OE toe link. Has anyone used this Moog part number on their Mountaineer or Explorer without any interference with the inside of the rim? The Moog website does not show a fitment problem, however, O Reilly auto parts claims it is for 17" rims only.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I see under Moog is their problem solver line which does state 17" rim. Don't see a standard version.

Dorman only shows one, 523-007.
I'd suggest going with the Dorman unit. Which will be listed under most parts stores 'house' brands.

thank you for your reply. where did you find this information as I have searched the part number on the Moog website and in the fitment chart it does specify the rim size as 17".

Thank you. I appreciate your assistance. I checked it out and it sounds like 17 ri s only. I looked up this part number on the moog suspension website and and the problem solver fit chart showed the 2004 mountaineer and no mention of the rim size requirement I amgoing acquire two of the mevotech brand inners and outers as they look like they will work. Do you haveany experience with THE votech. If so, are their products ok?

Back