• Register Today It's free!

motor mounts or body mounts?

2000Xplor3r

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer
hey hows it going, my 2000 ford explorer has a jolt or shutter when i idle or parked its coming from the front by the engine it feels like its a constant almost identical kinda shake through the whole truck to the tail pipe, drives great i dont have any complaints no jolts when shifting no hard rpm drops , really stable strong idle , strong revs stops fine, has no running problems no idle problems, that the only reason i was thinking its a front motor mounts or body mounts, and i was wondering how they can be tested and checked... and the difficulty of changing them, they seem pretty cheap for 22 dollars on most online stores, my ones on the side of the wheel well looks like a round one, and seems like theyre is a small crack in the middle of the pieces... im just curious of solving this shake through my seat, and throughout the whole truck.. id love to hear peoples ideas or comments or what to do and test ect... i appreciate it, being new to the whole exploders this is my first one:rangergreen::exp::exporange:rangerred::rangertan:

my guess would be engine and trans mounts. my body mounts were nonexistent and I never felt any engine vibration.

anyone

okay so first off how can i check my motor mounts or body mounts and how can i replace them is this an easy job right now? i swear from the time the motor is started to any idling state it has a vibration through it, can feel it in the muffler, passenger side driver side and leaning on the side of the car its just like a vibration or shake at idle, my idle is perfect no dips drops no problems at all my truck runs perfect, i dont get it, does anyone else understand whats going on, my truck is a AWD 4.0 sohc vin E.. i have not done any transfer case fluid changes or differential fluid changes, could this be the problem like an oil change not done are car, but everything for average tuneup has been done besides the fuel filter... it doesn't feel like the leak, but i haven't changed the pcv valve either, besides that i cant think of any more ideas besides the mounts, the engine runs strong tranny shifts like butter not any problems..... i'm just sick of this jolting feeling anytime i IDLE, sit with the engine running, but when i accelerate cant feel it dont even know its happening no shakes when driving just IDLE or sitting i can feel it through the car

Back