MSRP How much lower than it can I expect | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MSRP How much lower than it can I expect

randy7730

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Eddie Baurer
How much can I expect a dealer to come of the MSRP price

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be thinking of amount over invoice, not msrp. I found a dealer that prices all cars at 450 over invoice. Some people have gotten deals at invoice. If there are multiple dealers in your area, call around to see who will do the best deal. Talk to the fleet or internet manager.

Over Invoice

I got $500 over invoice.

I used the x-plan.
The company that I work for participates in this.

About $75 over invoice which was/is cheaper then xplan. No fees whatsoever either.

I got $500 BELOW invoice. If you have several dealers in your area, this can be done if you are persistent. If there is only one dealer in your area best you can probably do is invoice or $100 over. Either way, dont pay MSRP.

I know not to pay MSRP. I had a dealer dell me over the phone they would take $800.00 over invoice, so I know they will properly sell it for less than that.

What is the Xplan?

I also seen some threads yesterday talking about brochure that had a coupon for $750.00 off does anybody know how to get that?

Get a quote on truecar.com, that got me 500 over invoice. Then got a brochure coupon for another $750 off!

How do I get a brochure coupon for another $750 off?

Randy,
Dealer invoice is all relative. They can print up what ever they want. What I mean to say is they pay less.
Check web sites where you can get cost pricing to give you a fair idea of what ford is charging dealers. But even that price is an average since dealers get hidden specials, etc from Ford. Some web sites give an average of what people in your area are paying for similar vehicles.

X plan got me $2641 off sticker plus Ford was giving $1000 rebate (back then) for a total of $3641 off sticker or $109 over so called dealer invoice.
You know the dealer made way more than $109.

X plan is part of a Ford discount program. For my Ex the pricing was
Sticker Price $44230.00
Dealer invoice $41480.53
A/Z Plan Ford employee $39905.53
D Plan Dealer employee $40005.53
X plan Ford supplier? $41589.61
Not sure if X plan is suppliers only or what.

Check with employer HR Dept. to see if available.

Order a brochure (mailed) from the Ford website and you might get a coupon. It's area specific. I live in Delaware and got brochure but no coupon.

Yep, check with your HR for the x plan.
The company that I work for sells to ford in big quantities.

I just received the below in an email from a dealer that I had emailed and ask him what the invoice price was on a particular Explorer. I know that their actual cost is about 3%more off the invoice of the MSRP. This same dealer had given me the same information on the phone on another Explorer.

This dealer is about 70 miles from where I live, and you see alot trucks and cars here bought there.

"invoice on the Limited Explorer is 41049.07. We have been getting in the range of 800.00 over for them. There is currently 500.00 rebate . "

I just received the below in an email from a dealer that I had emailed and ask him what the invoice price was on a particular Explorer. I know that their actual cost is about 3%more off the invoice of the MSRP. This same dealer had given me the same information on the phone on another Explorer.

This dealer is about 70 miles from where I live, and you see alot trucks and cars here bought there.

"invoice on the Limited Explorer is 41049.07. We have been getting in the range of 800.00 over for them. There is currently 500.00 rebate . "

Use truecar.com to see what prices are in your area. It tells you invoice, MSRP & etc.....

This is why I liked Saturn, besides making a good product, the price on the window sticker was the price you paid. You didn't have to worry that someone got the same SUV for $50.00 or $100.00 less. Car shopping is really silly, you do not go to the supermarket and ask the cashier how much off the price of a candy bar will you give me, why do we have to haggle. PS I got my Limited for $100.00 over invoice.

This is why I liked Saturn, besides making a good product, the price on the window sticker was the price you paid. You didn't have to worry that someone got the same SUV for $50.00 or $100.00 less. Car shopping is really silly, you do not go to the supermarket and ask the cashier how much off the price of a candy bar will you give me, why do we have to haggle. PS I got my Limited for $100.00 over invoice.

You need to watch Extreme Couponing on TLC. LOL You got a good deal. I paid $300 over invoice minus $1,750 in rebates.

How the hell did you all negotiate so well. It must be me..... I was NEVER able to get a good deal on a car. I honestly don't know how to do it - and LOATHE that part of the buying experience. Every time I ask what the lowest price they can sell it for, the answer is sticker and maybe a couple hundred off. I know they're BS'ing me but I have walked out the door several times thinking they will call me soon with an offer - but it never happened.
I paid sticker minus 1700 rebates.

I paid $1500 over invoice, the dealer who I have a good relationship with was not willing to negotiate too much on this one. It was a fully loaded Limited 4WD in Red Candy. I looked around in the Baltimore area and and none of the dealers had one this well equipped, let alone in Red Candy. The Adaptive was a must have in my book.

Sometimes if you want to play you gotta pay.

I got mine for 1450 under invoice.

I used the true car website and the deal from the dealer was 200 under. Minus the 500 cash back offer and I also got the 'brochure private cash' for 750.

I paid $1500 over invoice, the dealer who I have a good relationship with was not willing to negotiate too much on this one. It was a fully loaded Limited 4WD in Red Candy. I looked around in the Baltimore area and and none of the dealers had one this well equipped, let alone in Red Candy. The Adaptive was a must have in my book.

Sometimes if you want to play you gotta pay.

I did not include incentives, I always negotiate the price before the incentives. At the time I purchased there was only $500 on the hood so I paid $1000 over invoice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of my uncles was a dealer finance manager for a Saturn dealership. He used to laugh at this- because the "no haggle" price that was on there that everyone got was higher than what they would have negotiated to. Everyone paid a higher price by thinking that they were getting a nice, low, no haggle price. Oops! :D

And if you don't negotiate retail, you should. I bought a camera at Best Buy last night while carrying an Amazon printout. Lots of stores will negotiate... ;)

Back