muffler or Cat back exhaust kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dansandifer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Hi all, this is my first post and was wondering if there is a direct bolt on kit for my '93 Explorer 4 door automatic. The last person that worked on the exhaust welded the back pipe to the cat flange instead of using another flange to mate the two together. I'm replacing manifold, y-pipe, and cat and not sure if I'll have to take it to a muffler shop to finish the job now or if I can buy a one piece kit that has flange, pipe, muffler (or alternate) and tail pipe. Thanks for the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.

Most kits you find on the internet are of the Cat Back Type.

Have you tried using the search bar in the upper right corner by a general topic?

Thanks, I believe I found what I need to do the job at WALKER® EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: E-Catalog Lookup
Screenshot_2019-01-27-12-29-09.png

Funny you post this, as I'm doing the same exact thing but the other way around, starting from the back and moving forward. Yes, the kit you've shown should work, as it's similar to the one I bought for mine and it fits my 4Dr just fine. Are you outside of CA? If so color me jealous as a new cat for mine here in CA is almost $300

Yep, I'm located here in texas. I decided on going with the Magnaflow 23388 for the cat. From Summit, with shipping, is still close to $300. I think Amazon was same price but free shipping, not sure. Doesn't say if it is or isn't CA legal. That's all I was going to replace until I looked under it lol.

Back