Muffler upgrade question

awmenard

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello Members,

I'm looking to change my mufflers, not exactly sure witch direction I want to go but I'd like to get some of your imput.

I'm looking to get something with a 4" tip, can you tell me if those universal mufflers are any good, would they negatively affect the overall performance of my ride.

I'm looking at something like this: Greddy RS Racing Sport (UNIVERSAL) Exhaust Muffler 60mm Inlet/102mm Tip

http://bit.ly/1h6MpjW

Thanks in advance for your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not trying to be a you know what but that thing is a truck not a rice burner tuner car. Its a truck anything biger than a 3" tip will look crazy in my opinion but that is what it is my opinion. I would recomend a Gibson or Flowmaster muffler for that year rather than a universal.

Thanks for the info Diesel, as a reference was is the current size tips of the explorer limited?

Thanks for the info Diesel, as a reference was is the current size tips of the explorer limited?
Can't you measure the ones you have? I don't know if the ones on my MKT are the same or not. They look the same. 3" inside and 3.5" outside diameter.

Peter

Can't you measure the ones you have? I don't know if the ones on my MKT are the same or not. They look the same. 3" inside and 3.5" outside diameter.

Peter

Yes of course I could, I didnt have the truck with me at that moment when I asked the question.

Yes of course I could, I didnt have the truck with me at that moment when I asked the question.
Ah, okay. That would explain it.

Peter

Corsa and magnaflow are 4".

Hello Members,

I'm looking to change my mufflers, not exactly sure witch direction I want to go but I'd like to get some of your imput.

I'm looking to get something with a 4" tip, can you tell me if those universal mufflers are any good, would they negatively affect the overall performance of my ride.

I'm looking at something like this: Greddy RS Racing Sport (UNIVERSAL) Exhaust Muffler 60mm Inlet/102mm Tip

http://bit.ly/1h6MpjW

Thanks in advance for your help

Greddy Exhaust on a American???? I had one on my Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX with a downpipe and a HKS intake back when I was a rice rocketeer. But on my Mustang I went with Magnaflow and a X-pipe, etc. There's just some things you don't mismatch. My new Explorer I'm definitely going Magnaflow for the chill but throaty sounds and slight increase in performance.

Thanks for your input, the link is just as a reference not sure of the brand but I seem to prefer the oval shape exhaust. Personnel taste I guess :)

I would suggest Magnaflow, they make nice 4" tips. I totally agree that the stock tips are way too small for that size car. 4" would look really nice. I actually have a pair of MF mufflers with 4" tips on my garage and have been contemplating to put them on....

Please don't consider "Ricer" mufflers on your EX...... I mean it's your vehicle but in my opinion that would take away from the clean look. As previously stated go with some nice magnaflows with maybe some larger tips if that's your style but those baby's would put her on this side of the fence for sure.

domestic_rice.jpg

Demotivational-more-is-better-volvo.jpg

ricer(2).jpg

You get the point.

Haha thanks for the pics ARS1 that have me a good laught , definitely not looking to go that rice route.

Back