• Register Today It's free!

mufflers

bubbab110

Reaction score
City, State
Joplin, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT
i know i have a lot of questions but im not exactly educated in things like this. i am not a ricer so i deleted the cherry bomb question and am asking a new one. is a flowmaster 40 series a ricer because i have seen some videos (rather poor sound quality) and some sound like ricers but i dont know if that is just the video or the actual muffler? please enlighten me on anything you want to. give me some new suggestions besides 40 series if you want. idc. and i was also told to do a cat-back system to give it more of an aggressive tone. is this true? also i have heard that gibson is pretty good too. does anybody know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i watched video's on youtube, one with a flowmaster 40 series kit, and one with cherry bomb glasspacks, sounded about the same to me, but then again, those videos don't have the greatest sound quality.... check youtube just the same though.

I would go with a flowmaster (actually I did) they aren't that much more money and much better in quality

My best friend drives a 6 cyl. jeep with an engine much like those of the V6 explorers. As a mechanic he threw a cherrybomb on his car last year this time. He didn't even make it a year before he got sick of it. You couldn't think in his truck. He switched to a flowmaster and he's much happier. Look around and you can find a good price. Def gonna b more than the cherrybomb, but sound better and more controlled while still being beastly......hope that helps

cherry bombs, are you a ricer? man i graduated from cherry bombs when i got into the x, that is my thoughts tho, im looking into a magnaflow, cause I got to hear my neighbors 94 with stock system but the muffler was a magnaflow, said he paid like 75 total and hung it him self.

trust me swaintaN i am not a ricer!! i cannot stand those things! american muscle all the way!!! im just wasnt sure about those and what kind of sound they would make on an x. thanks for the advise im pretty sure im gonna go with flomaster super 40 series muffler. they are relatively cheap and i heard they have a pretty aggressive rumble to them. so...yeah. I AM DEFINATELY NOT A RICER! PEOPLE WHO DRIVE RICERS ARE PANZYS WHO WANNA MAKE THEIR CAR SOND POWERFUL AND IT DOESNT WORK!!

You won't be disappointed with a 40 series flowmaster. At all. You don't need a catback system either, it's just a waste of money. Granted they do offer more performance, but you can get bigger piping done for cheaper at a local exhaust shop.

Back