multi forum cruiser finally joining serious explorations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

multi forum cruiser finally joining serious explorations

fordxranger

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie/89 ranger ex cab
hey, new to serious explorations but not new to forum use. I've been reading pirate 4x4 for a good long while and have been on the ranger station for a little while as well as a few other different messageboards. I have owned one of every rbv so far but at different times in my life. it all started with an 89 b2 I bought from a teacher at my high school who gave it to the auto class for us to do what we wanted with it. I paid $450 for it and drove it home during lunch. unfortunately 4 days later I was t-boned by an uninsured speeder in 90's dodge neon. I was out of a ride, my insurance stiffed me, and was just starting to get into the rbv craze.

after graduating in 05 I had a some money and an acquaintance I went to school with kind of wanted to sell his 89 ranger so he could buy a new chevy :rolleyes:. :thumbsup:(i'm not brand loyal haha) we worked out a deal and I then became addicted to anything rbv. got it budget lifted as soon as I got some extra $$$ and did a bunch of low buck junkyard upgrades till my heart was content. its been on DD duty since then mostly. I picked up a 92 eddie x this last winter with a blown 4.0 some minor body damage up front and originally wanted to fix it up to take over as DD while I gather parts for an sas on my ranger.

fast forward to the last week up to today, I have decided to/been parting out and scrapping the 92 eddie and look into buying a x sport from a user on TRS. I have been craigslisting, yard hunting, and forum crusing finding deals on parts everywhere (recently scored a monty 8.8 and a basically refurbed d35 cheap) and selling what I don't plan on using. I recently sold a set of factory explorer coils to a forum user here from san diego who is driving around everywhere buying parts & building up a cheapy ranger to wheel in moab at an event the forum is doing. he told me about the forum and said there is plenty of ranger stuff on the forum despite being explorer favorable. I had originally thought of this place as an explorer only place and didn't cruise in too often since I'm offing my eddie now.

I hope my plans all fall into place and I get to pickup the x sport in the next month or so. I also hope to sell enough parts to even the purchase price of the eddie so it won't be a total loss. I look forward to cruising the forum and hopefully soon i'll start a few buildup threads of my own:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. We have a great Ranger group here. I wheel with a bunch of them. In fact our Moab run is this weekend and I'll be joining them up there shortly.

Glad to have you aboard:chug:

welcome

Welcome to the forum.

Back