• Register Today It's free!

Mustang Bullitt rims

bimmerpowered

Reaction score
City, State
Owings Mills, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Anyone put those new Bullitt rims on their Explorer?

I love the way they look and I think they would look great with the gray panels on my 2001 Sport.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure a good fit? Do I need spacers? I currently have stock 16" rims-I plan on just doing a plus 1 change in tire size, so I assume that the speedo will be fine.

heh

I can't remember who it was, but someone here had Mustang Cobra rims on theirs before-with pics.

You will definitely need spacers to put the rims out a little more. I would recommend getting the wheel specs (width, offset, etc) and then have a really really good shop specializing in such things take measurements of your X and tell you what needs to happen to make it work. If you are buying the rims and tires as a package at a performance shop, they should do this for you.

You could also just buy the rims if you are getting them somewhere else, then take it to a shop and have them do the math, or mount a rim on the X by yourself and see how much more space the tire needs behind it to give it the brakes and suspension enough clearance.
(If you go this route, look at your stock wheel/tire clearance for reference first)

On last thing- don't buy cheap spacers! Spring for the name-brand ones!

Back