My '13 Sport, now with added TINT! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '13 Sport, now with added TINT!

13TuxedoSport

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
So got the windows done on my Sport. Makes a nice visual difference I must say!

went 20% on the fronts:

882641_10201014412348295_1931863206_o.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!

I was wondering if i needed to tint all the way around or just fronts! Would you say it makes the factory windows appear darker ? Do the fronts look darker?What percent is factory?

So got the windows done on my Sport. Makes a nice visual difference I must say!

went 20% on the fronts:

882641_10201014412348295_1931863206_o.jpg

Very nice!! Thats exactly what im thinking of doing to my black sport. How long did it take them to do it? I hope that if I do that that i dont get pulled over lol. I want it to make it look cooler and more blacked out and also for privacy, but at the same time i like people to know that I'm the one driving this car ;). Post more pics if you can

Looks good. I've seen quite a few people driving around with the fronts tinted. I would do it to my White Sport, but I would get yanked over by the popo for sure. Luck of the Irish

The tint on the fronts looks really good on the Tuxedo Black Explorer. I did 28% on the fronts.

Looks good. I've seen quite a few people driving around with the fronts tinted. I would do it to my White Sport, but I would get yanked over by the popo for sure. Luck of the Irish

I want to tint mine too, but it sounds like my luck, is like yours.:frustrate

Usually, and I cant speak for all POPO, but if you can still see the driver a little through the tint there isn't a problem. Its when the tint is so dark you cant see anything then it becomes a "pull me over flashing sign"

Thanks for the compliments guys! Yeah it makes the car appear darker all around since there is less light illuminating the interior.

Took them about 1.5 hours to do.

I've had front tint on all of my cars since moving to Cali in 2003...***knocks on wood*** have yet to get pulled over for it or cited. I'll post some more pics when I'm on my pc...I'm replying from my phone right now.

I plan on doing this to mine. Does anyone know the factory window tint % so that I can match it?

I plan on doing this to mine. Does anyone know the factory window tint % so that I can match it?

My tint guy said it's about 20% -- i've seen others say 25% and 27%. It's different though when it's tint "in the glass" vs tint "on the glass" which is what they do at the tint shops. Looks good either way. Here's another pic on different angle and more sunlight:

883958_10201014079939985_1455217611_o.jpg

The tint looks great. I should be getting it installed on mine at the dealership in the next couple of weeks.

Looks great. I have Limo tint on all my windows except for the front two

I'm the POPO and I measured my 2013 Limited factory tint at 21% VLT.

I'm the POPO and I measured my 2013 Limited factory tint at 21% VLT.

well there ya go! so mine matches pretty nicely.. in the future im going to throw a 15% over the factory tint on the rear 7 windows :D

thanks for posting the info!

In having the dealership tint my fronts on Saturday. I will try and post a few pics.

I'm still on the fence about getting them tinted. I'll give it some time. Maybe in the summer when my car turns into an oven inside I'll change my mind lol

I'm still on the fence about getting them tinted. I'll give it some time. Maybe in the summer when my car turns into an oven inside I'll change my mind lol

LOL yeah that would change your mind I think. Even if you just do a 35% or 40% tint on the front, it would offer some protection from direct sunlight. Really helpful for trips where the sun is on the drivers side of the car for a long period of time and the sun-visor alone isn't enough

I live in Texas and the law for the fronts is 25% so my fronts will be slightly lighter than the back.

I have done all my cars at 35% and that is no issue here in nj i just did my wife bmw 330i at 35% its safe to drive and looks nice with the rear factory ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Texas legal limit on the fronts, and limo tint on all of the other windows.

Back