My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

2.9 not fast = boat anchor
I had accell ignition coil, tfi module, dist cap and wires, ported the upper and lower intakes, phenolic intake spacer, 86 4.0 throttle body, advanced my timing and used to fill it with premium!
The first time I let the clutch out on my 4.0 conversion I knew all of that was a total waste of time, the 2.9 belongs in the merkur sedans so it can rev to 6800 and be happy.
Oh man have we learned since then
The cool thing is I traded my old 2.9L engine and my old BII front seats to James Marcy of Marcys performance in Evergreen Colorado...he had a James Duff 3" VR lift kit that had never been installed.
Then when it came time to install the lift I asked Brett for help. I had just met Brett though Explorerforum and he lived 1.5 miles from me (small world) he wanted to 4.0 his BII and wanted help with the wiring. I had never installed a lift or done that extensive suspension work so we bartered. I help with wiring he helps with lift.
20+ years we've been doing this
I just spoke with Brett this AM he has been trying to fix a POS 96 explorer that I off loaded on him back in Colorado a year ago :)

Worth it! every blood sweat and tear sleepless nights
BATTLE ON!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a little bored. I did a thing.

20200124_154412.jpg

20200124_154401.jpg

I'll tell ya that's my kind of fun :usa:

Very unique. Well done. Looks great!

I love it!! Well done
Any details of how you installed the new color scheme? What about the cool 5x7 led lights! First i've seen that on a gen I!

Looks awesome

I'm really interested in the LED headlights as well. Looks like a nice install.

The LED lights in headlight location.

They are the ones noted for a jeep as they were closest to 1st gen size I could find.

I cut the front of the headlight out and left the original frame in there. Had to open the interior slope up a little to get the new LEDs to push all the way in. The bezel holds them in ok but not 100% great. I used 2 part epoxy and glued them into old housing. Needed to make a small piece kydex as a filler for the side.

Good part is they are in the "frame or housing" as the original so they are mounted to grill solid and still adjust.

I am also going to do this on my sons ranger and will take more pics and im sure the install will be better.

practice makes perfect!
Love the paint
I wonder how many little red shop stools Harbor freight has sold......I see those in just about everyone's garage

Back