My 2002 Ford Explorer SPORT not Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2002 Ford Explorer SPORT not Trac

DarthLeon

Reaction score
City, State
Cloquet
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford explorer sport
Hello, I'm Leon from Minnesota. I own a 2002 Ford Explorer SPORT, not Trac. It is so hard to find any info or type into Google the word sport and not have everything pop up as sport Trac. Just finding any diagram takes me a long time to find specific items regarding the Sport 2 door. Any suggestions on a good place to venture to find out more info and parts for my Sport would be awesome. Glad to be here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, I'm Leon from Minnesota. I own a Ford Explorer SPORT, not Trac. It is so hard to find any info or type into Google the word sport and not have everything pop up as sport Trac. Just finding any diagram takes me a long time to find specific items regarding the Sport 2 door. Any suggestions on a good place to venture to find out more info and parts for my Sport would be awesome. Glad to be here.
welcome! what kind of parts/onfo are you looking for? good place to be for info.

Welcome to the forum!

@DarthLeon What information or resources are you looking for? In general, everything should be mechanically and electrically the same between Sport and Sport Trac, unless you want rear seats or a rear windshield wiper, taillamps, or maybe the rear leaf springs.

In any case, you've come to the right place! EF most certainly has the people to get the info you need!

Welcome Leon from a 99 Sport owner.

As to the thread's title, I was just on Amazon and noticed my vehicle of choice is my '02 Sport Trac, but the picture is of a Sport. At least the color is correct.

Anyone know how to change my name Icon for "D" to a pic of my truck?
if you click on your prifile that "D" (ha) should have a button that says edit. however i do believe avatars are an elite only feature, but dont quote me on that. if the edit button isnt there most likely it is an elite feature

Hello, I'm Leon from Minnesota. I own a 2002 Ford Explorer SPORT, not Trac. It is so hard to find any info or type into Google the word sport and not have everything pop up as sport Trac. Just finding any diagram takes me a long time to find specific items regarding the Sport 2 door. Any suggestions on a good place to venture to find out more info and parts for my Sport would be awesome. Glad to be here.

Welcome to the forum. The problem that you are having is because Ford made a 2002 Explorer "Sport", in both a 4dr and a 2dr, which are nothing alike. So application software, and Google, are handled by idiots who do not know the difference.

You said you have a 2dr, that's the key information that you must include in all searches and conversations about your truck. You have a 2nd gen Explorer Sport(because it has only two doors), while the 4dr Explorer Sport is a trim package(the Sport package) for a 3rd gen Explorer.

The best suggestion I have is to always look for things for a 2001 Explorer Sport, and choose a late production date if there is a choice or question.
The trucks are the same aside from a few mid year changes of the 2001 and 02. Also in 2002 mid year the rear hatch glass changed too, you can have either the old 2nd gen hatch glass, or the rare one with the wiper mounted in the glass(that's mid 2002 and 2003 hatch glass part). Others can point out other little differences, but the main problem is the overlap of the 2002 3rd gen trucks that have a Sport trim package option for the 2002 and 2003 models.

if you click on your prifile that "D" (ha) should have a button that says edit. however i do believe avatars are an elite only feature, but dont quote me on that. if the edit button isnt there most likely it is an elite feature
I kinda figured. There doesn't appear to be a way to change it so it must be for elite feature. How do you become elite?

I kinda figured. There doesn't appear to be a way to change it so it must be for elite feature. How do you become elite?
PM rick for more info. its 5 a month or 20 a year.

Welcome! I did a net search (DuckDuckGo) for "Ford Explorer 2 door" and didn't get the Sport Tracs but the Explorers like you have.

Back