My 91 sport trac, though it wasn't always a sport trac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 91 sport trac, though it wasn't always a sport trac

Heres my 1991 explorer when i first bought it for $700 dollars. The perks of working at a used car dealer. It had 156,000 miles and was in need of some body work. but the 4wheel drive and engine worked great. The bonus was that it had 31's on it when i got it.

begining.jpg

And here just 1 month later, with a new paintjob, some fog lights and some engine work. All the work I did myself.

explorer.jpg

And finnally the latest modification that i did just this week. Turning it into the only (i think) 1991 explorer sport trac. Only took a few hours with a buddy and a recipricating saw. Its not done yet, i'm going to finish off the edges and fabricate a working tailgate for it.

final_stage.jpg

Another view, the background of which i see out my dinning room window everyday. Though i wish the snow would go away. We still have a good 3 feet.

final_stage__alt_view.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone else done something this radical to their rig?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i cant see the pictures! that thing sounds cool! is there a link i can go to to see the truck?

Originally posted by jimabena74
now why did you cut off a perfectly fine rear? anyways looks good though. i am to scared to drill a hole in the roof for wires. much less chop off back

Scared to drill holes in your roof Jim? Am I missing something here??:D

And yes, I realize this is an old thread...

Hey dont forget me, I am from NH!!!! Just because I am in college and have no money or time for my X doesnt mean that in mot around!
The pic's didnt work for me either, who knows. The NH people are adding up now, i think there are 4 or 5 of us now!! :eek:

I too am from NH, actually pretty close to Lancaster!! I am from Bethlehem, its about 30 min from there!!! I can't see the pics though!

hey, what happened to the pics? nothing but litle x's now! I wanna see.

pics dont work for me

GET PICS UP! I WANNA SEE!

coulden't see the pics what made you wanna do that tho

yea, i would like to get a look also!

Look how old the origional post is. Probably doent have an account with the origional pic page

But ya I wanna see too

Ryan

I think I have seen the pics at cordomain. Check that out. I think its categorized by year so search it that way.

Back