• Register Today It's free!

Had to return a Sport Trac

Decter

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
Well, sadly I had to send a Sport Trac that I just bought back to the dealer. Looked great on the inside, but once you got under it, rust to an insane level which would have slowly eaten the vehicle from the inside out.

Looking at getting another though, as I am definitely feeling the itch.

Looking for input, such as what mileage is WAY too much and issues that may come with certain mileage.

Also, any idea what life span I can expect, as far as mileage, with proper care on a Sport Trac?

One last question, is there any real difference aside from the V8 engine between a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 Sport Trac?

Thanks,
Nick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much rust was there? I currently bought one that seems to have a lot of rust and I'm looking at ways to have it undercoated or oil sprayed.

I do not have the option of returning mine!!

All four shocks are flaking full thickness through the metal shroud. All four brake calipers, while functioning, will likely ruin the rotor to remove. Extensive along the frame, some leading into the body. The rear differential is flaking to a thickness of around 1/8-1/4 inch so far. All of the bushing and frame mounts are covered, to around 1/16 inch.

Are you planning on doing it yourself or having someone else do it for you?

Nick

I really do not have the time, resources or ability to do it my self.

Any idea what places might do this and a cost?

I would check with a body shop. They should at least be able to point you in the right direction if they cant do the work for you. As far as cost, I have no idea.

Back