My 99 EX-Camper Build | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just a little update on this rig. Amazon delivery van backed into the rear quarterpanel a few weeks ago. All said in done, they wrote me a check that was double what I paid for the car. Anyone have advise for popping dents like this out?

Since I won't be able to color match, I was thinking of taping and spraying it safety orange and covering with a clear coat. Might have to wait til spring though with the weather.

PXL_20231108_021724306.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd just do the best bondo fender flare re-creation job possible and coat it in flat black primer....nice tapped off rectangle going back from door seam....having a dark color paint the flat black wont 'stand out' that much from a distance / angle.

I can't help with advice as I suck at body work.
Just saying a Amazon side swiped my tractor in rush hour.
I was poking along 8 mph and he Flys by in the HOV lane( illegally) and bounces off!
Feeling your pain my friend

The moral of the story.... WATCH OUT FOR AMAZON DRIVERS! .... especially now in high stress / high demand holiday delivery deadlines! o_O:cool:

The moral of the story.... WATCH OUT FOR AMAZON DRIVERS! .... especially now in high stress / high demand holiday delivery deadlines! o_O:cool:
Hell, Didn't even see him coming!

Deflate a football and insert it into the body from the inside. It won't get the creases out but you can bring it out so it's not dented in. If you wanted to get more of the dent out or creases, after the football trick, Harbor Freight has a stud welder for 99 and a kit for 165 with a puller. Very simple to use.

Back