• Register Today It's free!

My Add a Leaf already sagging

davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I re-arched and did an add a leaf 1.5 months ago. Took it off road 1 time and carried about 600lbs of stuff in it 3 times. About 1100 miles since the add. I even replaced the stock shocks with Ranchos.

Now the drivers side is down about an inch from the pass side.

Is this normal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's just inevitable. Your ass, the gas tank, and all that other stuff is on the driver's side, so it naturally has a lot more weight on that side, so it sags.

I didn't re-arch, but I did my AAL and it was still lopsided right after, just not as drastic.
You're probably gonna have to just get totally new leaf springs, but eventually it'll get that "gangsta lean" going on the driver's side. Just a defect our Explorers have. :(

load levelers after new springs... it's a theory im workin on

Monroe Max Air shocks are excellent but not sure how they'll do with offroad use. Easier to inflate the left side a lil more and have a perfect balance. I didn't want to do aal etc as they've always made the ride way more harsh and bouncy and I only drive on the street, don't need the truck bouncing more than it already does lol.

Get a set of passenger side leafs from another Explorer it should help for awhile.

Monroe Max Air shocks are excellent but not sure how they'll do with offroad use. Easier to inflate the left side a lil more and have a perfect balance. I didn't want to do aal etc as they've always made the ride way more harsh and bouncy and I only drive on the street, don't need the truck bouncing more than it already does lol.

:scratch:

I did the AAL and I honestly haven't noticed anything different at all in ride quality.

I didnt notice much change in the ride either, other than it does not bounce on bumps as much as before and seems to be planted to the ground better.

I put the truck on level ground and it measures an inch off. The shop I took it to said they would redo the drivers side, but I wonder if its worth the time if its gonna sag again. They swapped the sides when they did the AAL. So, my org pass side is on the drivers side now.

Is it all X's that have this problem or certain years?

super lift

I was looking at those too, but I read on the forum somewhere that it was a bad idea to run those. Plus, I think I am maxed in the front, so I would have a bad rake in the rear. I'm gonna try some Auto Zone shackels this weekend. Cheap enough and I am sure they are better than my rusty stock ones. I'm gonna weld in middle brace to beaf em up abit too

Back