my battery power goes way down when i try to lower my window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my battery power goes way down when i try to lower my window

the gauge that tells you the power level ,every time i try to lower my window or turn on my heater full blast suck all the power and dims out all my light ,but when i step on the gas it goes back up ,it also does it when i put my truck into gear . auto matic trans i took it to ford they cant find the problem. could anybody help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alternator (or included voltage regulator) or battery cables.

Also check your battery, chack the water level, and if possioble, have it check ed to see if it will hold a strong charge.

just a word of wisdom, they are high drain devices and might be drawing too much power... they take a lot, but shouldnt actually make the ligths dim unless they are drawing more current then the alt can handle...

could also be a bad engine or body grounding strap.

I have the same problem on my 93! You can see the battery gauage jump around when you lower the windows. At night you can see your head lights dim when you lower the window but hit the gas and it the battery gauage goes up.

The last time I had that problem was when I installed an underdrive pullys (not an Explorer). The alternator wasn't turning fast enough to give enough juice to power everything at one time. I would look at the condition of your alternator first. Then the battery next. It might not be holding enough reserve power.

Back