My brother finally did something right (explorer discs) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My brother finally did something right (explorer discs)

As some of you know my brother (pwhiteelec05 on the forum) has a lifted 97 dodge dakota. And now after all these years it's finally starting to turn into a decent truck with all these good ford parts we're putting on.

Here is what he started with, stock drums powder coated by our very own Turdle.
2aa22562.jpg

We took all of that off and pulled the axle shafts.
0fe7f146.jpg

6f6eafe2.jpg

The bolted the brackets on
3d3d2830.jpg

hooked the emergency brakes up
3fb88abd.jpg

Had to drill out the rotors to make them fit, the dakota uses a 6x4.5 pattern. Put the wheel spacers and calipers on too.
5a284d98.jpg

Now all thats left is to run new brake lines which is going to have to wait until tomorrow. The flaring tool my brother borrowed from o'reilly's broke:(.

I finally got a chance to get them finished, thanks to mother nature. Everything seems to be working great. I just need to figure out what I need to do for e-brake cables. Once I get the pads broken in I'll find out how well it really works. So happy to finally get rid of the stupid drums.

I think I have most of an e brake cable up in my attic. I'll look tomorrow

That looks like a great mod to do to those trucks for sure. Good job guys:thumbsup:

get rid of those lock happy drums is enough reason on its own. let a lone the upgraded performance.

Back