My cat tore up my leather seats

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
So my cat tore up my leather seats. Is there any way I could order the leather itself from Ford and swap out the old leather without having to replace the whole seat? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my cat tore up my leather seats. Is there any way I could order the leather itself from Ford and swap out the old leather without having to replace the whole seat? Thanks!
Why not check with the dealer's parts department. They have all the catalogues. I believe there are posts indicating the seat covers were replaced.

Peter

They can, surely. I've gotten replacements from dealers before, both under warranty, and not.

Depending on price, you may want to look at Katzkin Leather as well. They may be cheaper, and do an OEM style, in addition to their custom styles.

Now begs the question, there must be a way for me to order the platinum seat covers right? :D

sure, you can order the platinum.. but without looking it up I'm pretty confident that it just isn't the seat covers that are different. If it is anything like the F150 and SD, the foam is an upgraded foam in the Platinums as well so not only is it softer but it is more plush feeling.

I wouldn't be suprized if these OEM covers were around 5 grand, probably cheaper to buy a used interior

The left side bottom driver seat on Sport already developed some wrinkles (its not that bad but a little noticeable). I guess its from getting in and out of the vehicle when I apply pressure to the side. I don't need the whole seat cover, only the bottom. I wonder if you can buy the bottom piece leather part alone without changing the whole seats leather. I tried to figure it out in Katzkin website but they don't have Platinum or Sport options available there. I would not need to change it now, but I guess in the future the driver side bottom leather cover might need to be changed.

See if you can get it warrantied first.

I would try Ford, would probably match better? I've had upholstery shops steam out wrinkles before, if the foam under the cover is matted that would have to be replaced also, could also be causing wrinkles.

The left side bottom driver seat on Sport already developed some wrinkles (its not that bad but a little noticeable). I guess its from getting in and out of the vehicle when I apply pressure to the side. I don't need the whole seat cover, only the bottom. I wonder if you can buy the bottom piece leather part alone without changing the whole seats leather. I tried to figure it out in Katzkin website but they don't have Platinum or Sport options available there. I would not need to change it now, but I guess in the future the driver side bottom leather cover might need to be changed.

I called Katzkin and they only have seats that fit the XLT, and not the "quad buckets" (What's that?) on Limited.

I hope it's not 5 grand. I guess I'm trying to hold off from buying a new car as much as I can because the Platinum is so tempting but I really want to wait until they update the platform first. So doing whatever I can to hold off from wanting to upgrade lol. That and my driver and passenger seat is pretty worn out.

Check eBay. There are a couple on there.

See if you can get it warrantied first.

I would try Ford, would probably match better? I've had upholstery shops steam out wrinkles before, if the foam under the cover is matted that would have to be replaced also, could also be causing wrinkles.
His cat tore them up.. that is not a defect.. why should he try to get them warranteed?

This is exactly why manufacturers are getting more and more strict in which people then complain about being turned down on legitimate claims.. because people try to work the system on something that isn't covered.

Have you considered a cat skin seat?:laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist.

The person said wrinkles in seat, no where he said cat in the post directly above. So 100% try and get a warranty repair or have them looked at by an interior repair shop if have to pay out of pocket. A lot of work done by dealers never looks like it was done properly. Theres over a 50% chance Ford will cover it. If this was confusing to follow a moderator should take the post above mine and put it as a new post.

The person that started this thread has a 6 year old Explorer with a cat shredded interior and the rear end is banged up, I do agree it would be insane for them to try and warranty it.

His cat tore them up.. that is not a defect.. why should he try to get them warranteed?

This is exactly why manufacturers are getting more and more strict in which people then complain about being turned down on legitimate claims.. because people try to work the system on something that isn't covered.

try Ford first might be covered regardless of what anyone else suggests

try Ford first might be covered regardless of what anyone else suggests

My apologies, I didn't see the other person post about theirs.. thought the whole thread was about the OP since you didn't quote the other person when replying.

My bad on that one.

I'm much worse when the threads get too long :D

My apologies, I didn't see the other person post about theirs.. thought the whole thread was about the OP since you didn't quote the other person when replying.

My bad on that one.

Have you though about getting a dog instead...just kidding.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you though about getting a dog instead...just kidding.

Lol, nah. Dogs are too much work. My cat takes care of itself and gets rid of all the mice chewing on my house. But I do want to get a German Shepherd in the far future.

Back