my change oil light soon came on??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my change oil light soon came on???

willy85

Reaction score
City, State
franklin park IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 xlt
Well I searched to no evail,so like the title says my I just got my oiled changed about 300 miles ago and now when I start the truck my change oil soon pops up on the message board and then dissappears, I go to do a system check and it won't show me my oil like percentage it just goes to change oil soon, could this be from the oil change place didn't recent my oil life? I tried to reset it myself but the change oil soon just pops up. I'm lost on this one fella's any help would be great thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry its an 05 xlt , and I meant oil life percentage not oil like lol can't edit on my cell phone I guess

just did this yesterday. . .with the key in the on position, hit the middle button on the message center, scroll till you see oil life, then press reset once then hold reset till it reads 100%, repeat, every time i have to do it twice. . . for some reason.

Well I tried that this morning but it does even go to the oil life it just jumps right into the change oil soon message so I'm wondering why it came on after a couple weeks since my oil change. When I go to reset it it just goes to the next option

hold the reset for a few (5) seconds then it will ask to repeat 'Hold' . But after that i've had to repeat it again.

It won't allow me to get to the oil life message, it just goes to change oil soon, do you mean reset it when it says that because I can't get to the oil life because it is telling me to change the oil when I just got the oil changed

Ok sorry I figured it out following what you told me. I must have not been hitting the write buttons I guess lol anyways thanks alot

This has being bugging me for ages, thanks for the info guys

Back