My dealers price for a 2023 ST Line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My dealers price for a 2023 ST Line

ExplorerBMW

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer ST-line
Just looking over it very briefly, they have a marketing price adjustment and other associated costs, does this seem fair? I asked him twice to break down the calculation, residual valve etc but he ignored my question. I guess that's a warning sign, am I missing something here?

The rebate is my loyalty credit because I have a 2019 Expedition too.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 202822.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know very little about leases, but can’t figure out how the math works in your table. $51,815 - $3,500 would seem to be the selling price if you just bought the vehicle, so you are at $48,315. Then you add back in fees and taxes that are required and deduct the cap cost reduction you pay. How does that get up to $52k?

IIRC, the residual must be stated in the lease contract, so why is it any secret?

I know very little about leases, but can’t figure out how the math works in your table. $51,815 - $3,500 would seem to be the selling price if you just bought the vehicle, so you are at $48,315. Then you add back in fees and taxes that are required and deduct the cap cost reduction you pay. How does that get up to $52k?

IIRC, the residual must be stated in the lease contract, so why is it any secret?
exactly, maybe he isn't the brightest bulb of all the dimly lit salesmen at that dealership. the service dept there is excellent for the most part.

The numbers shown don't make any sense. What I find odd is the bottom line difference is almost exactly the $3,500 rebate. If it were me, I would grab a calculator and have the sales person walk me thru from top to bottom. If they continue to throw out numbers that don't make any sense, I would walk.

exactly, maybe he isn't the brightest bulb of all the dimly lit salesmen at that dealership. the service dept there is excellent for the most part.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I've leased my last 9 vehicles and obviously here in Canada it seems the tax structure is different. I pay a monthly lease cost that includes the tax on that payment. There is no up-front tax payment. Tax is on each monthly payment. I follow everything up to and including Doc Fees, the rest is a mystery to me. As already stated, the residual value is shown on the lease agreement. Perhaps you haven't gone that far yet.

Peter

Back