My experiences in the first four weeks of owning my Ford Explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My experiences in the first four weeks of owning my Ford Explorer sport

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
The power on this car is really unbelievable for a 5000 pound car. I have an Audi A4 that is supposed to be one of the quicker small sports cars and my explorer absolutely beats it 0 to 60. In the first two weeks I have the car I got one speeding ticket. And it was going through a tollbooth I Accellerrated and before I knew it I was at 80. The police officer caught me before I was even able to slow down. Then again two days ago I accelerated from a stoplight hit 43 and a 25 zone before I realized how fast I was going in the police officer was right there. Luckily on that one I only got a warning because I knew the police officers friend. But the bottom line is this car is quick and you don't realize how fast you're accelerating until it's too late

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The power on this car is really unbelievable for a 5000 pound car. I have an Audi A4 that is supposed to be one of the quicker small sports cars and my explorer absolutely beats it 0 to 60. In the first two weeks I have the car I got one speeding ticket. And it was going through a tollbooth I Accellerrated and before I knew it I was at 80. The police officer caught me before I was even able to slow down. Then again two days ago I accelerated from a stoplight hit 43 and a 25 zone before I realized how fast I was going in the police officer was right there. Luckily on that one I only got a warning because I knew the police officers friend. But the bottom line is this car is quick and you don't realize how fast you're accelerating until it's too late
Had the same issue when I bought a 1964 Cadillac Sedan de Ville back in 1968. No tickets though. :D

Peter

They really just wanted to see what you were driving...as you cant find them at any dealer :D :burnout::burnout:

The power on this car is really unbelievable for a 5000 pound car. I have an Audi A4 that is supposed to be one of the quicker small sports cars and my explorer absolutely beats it 0 to 60.

To be fair, the base A4 is not meant to be a fast car. The turbo option of the A4 does a better job with speed, but for a fast Audi in the 4-lineup you need to step up to the S4 or RS4. Same is true here for the Explorer. Ford has the Eco-boast 4 banger, the standard V6, and the Turbo V6.

congrats on the sport, ive been really impressed with the power of the na 3.5, i would love to drive the big ecoboost.

Back