My Explorer (little dif than most on here) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer (little dif than most on here)

thank you. Even when the rear shock mount being closed out of the cab they will still echo through the tubing. Bypass tubes, especially fox check valves are loud whether in a cab or outside. I do have alot more work to do and I appreciate the compliments. My explorer weighs in at 4500 pounds with full tank of fuel. When I put murders in the rear and not the Hamas that thing will go anywhere in 2wd and it will go up oldsmobile in glamis no prob.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Couple pics from Glamis this past weekend for Thanksgiving. Not all that exciting pics but its something at least. Next on the list is fuel cell and start on the new front end after finishing the cage and new light rack for 5 HIDs over the windshield.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Got started on a light bar. Only have a day into considering the massive amounts of rain dumping on us here in Southern Cali. Ill have more up when I finish it. It houses 5 Hella Rallye 4000 converted to HIDs

164301_1543491312763_1399387291_31272378_8282240_n.jpg

164301_1543491352764_1399387291_31272379_6618384_n.jpg

Me too..... Me too...

Me three. Dan, has anyone claimed your front kit for when you get an LT kit? How much would you want for it?

i drool over that back suspension stuff, i have Fox Coilovers on the front they are the best, now i need them on the back,

Thanks guys. Fairly soon I am not going to be able to use the excuse of being such a low budget ride. I'm around the 14K total investment area and just the new front end with all the shocks is almost half of that, lol.

As far as the front end goes on it now. No one has claimed it per say but many have been interested. If I were to sell it the way it is with everything including spindles and shocks I would say around 2-2500 mark. The cool part about it is you can run stock shocks temporarily if needed till shock hoops are done. Its a pretty nifty front end for what it is.

It looks like your snowman is flipping me off.

haha. It does now doesnt it. That fat *******, lol.

And yes it is different. I love it because you don't see too many explorers around like this. I just keep pushing.

What about just the arms and spindles? How would you feel about putting coilovers in and getting rid of the torsion bars? I've heard from people before that they wouldn't trust the stamped lower arm to support all the weight of the vehicle when using a coilover, but it could be boxed in on the bottom with some ribs inside. I'm just thinking of different ways of getting a very budget mid/long travel setup. But after all the work, not sure it would even be worth it. Just thinking outloud.

Quite honestly I wouldn't run a coilover on it. I think it would be very difficult to get the shock mount far outboard enough and have the coil on the shock still clear the UCA at full droop. Plus I wouldn't full trust the LCA to support the weight of the vehicle either. The shock mounts we made on the LCA are right over the seam where the uniball cup is welded and boxed to the LCA so it doubles as a short stringer over the extension. Since there isn't any weight of the truck being sprung from that part of the arm it's able to get away with it. You can always run the torsion still and go with a single 2.5 bypass or 3.0 bypass and plate the remainder of the LCA in and the front end would be bad ass.

Sean-I talked to him about it briefly, but haven't decided completely yet. I haven't seen any closer pics of the spindles and the outer pivot on the upper arm. I wanted to see how high it bumped out to get an idea if I will be able to get an air bump off the upper arm.

ill snap some pics next time im at the shop. i think i have a few full bump pics too. im pretty sure because of how high it bumped out we couldnt fit a bump in the engine bay to work effectively. ended up just doing the coilover/bypass with the bump off the lower arm mounted on the frame behind the shocks.

ill snap some pics next time im at the shop. i think i have a few full bump pics too. im pretty sure because of how high it bumped out we couldn't fit a bump in the engine bay to work effectively. ended up just doing the coilover/bypass with the bump off the lower arm mounted on the frame behind the shocks.

That's kind of what I figured and am afraid of. I really want to get the bump off the upper but if it cant be don't than it can't. We're going to try though regardless.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back