My Fog Light Bezels Meet Bondo Restore Black | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Fog Light Bezels Meet Bondo Restore Black

Checked Autozone and Advanced Auto. No Luck. Will check a few diff Walmarts again. They always have a decent amount of Bondo and 3m in their bodywork section. I think I am just missing it. Wouldnt be the first time!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Order it online, its what I do.... I plan to do it on a certain day, which is at least two weeks away and I order it on line.... I will say thou that I am extremely lazy!

Thanks Rondo!! Am I utilize online alot myself, but Walmart is pretty easy and usually cheaper if I have to pay shipping. I recently got carried away (only second time using it/no prior experience) with DA orbital and now the black rubberized plastic trim around door keypad is white. Used a Meg's product on it, seems to be holding up okay but didnt make it that black. So glad I didnt spend 5 minutes and blue tape it off.... Not.

Thanks Rondo!! Am I utilize online alot myself, but Walmart is pretty easy and usually cheaper if I have to pay shipping. I recently got carried away (only second time using it/no prior experience) with DA orbital and now the black rubberized plastic trim around door keypad is white. Used a Meg's product on it, seems to be holding up okay but didnt make it that black. So glad I didnt spend 5 minutes and blue tape it off.... Not.

If you just have wax/polish on the trim and not "buffer marks", try Joe Dirt Tip #67: use a pencil eraser to remove polish/wax.

If Joe does it, it has to work!!! :D

I found another product that has worked on my 03 called Mothers Back to Black. Wipes on white and rubs in. Let it dry a dew minutes and wipedown with terry towel or something similar. Holds up pretty good too. Don't remember the cost, I don't have to use it very often but it came from Advance Auto Parts.

I found another product that has worked on my 03 called Mothers Back to Black. Wipes on white and rubs in. Let it dry a dew minutes and wipedown with terry towel or something similar. Holds up pretty good too. Don't remember the cost, I don't have to use it very often but it came from Advance Auto Parts.

I have tried this and didn't get the results I have achieved using the Bondo Restore Black.

Checked Autozone and Advanced Auto. No Luck. Will check a few diff Walmarts again. They always have a decent amount of Bondo and 3m in their bodywork section. I think I am just missing it. Wouldnt be the first time!

It appears that the package has, in fact, changed. I was at my local Wally World today and had trouble locating the Restore Black. I found it in the section with all the 3M/Bondo body work stuff.

Old Package:

BondoRestoreBlackCustom.jpg

New Package:

BondoRestoreBlackNewCustom.jpg

Who needs Rosetta Stone? Walk through walmart and you too can speak the language by the time you get to the exit. For a brush up stop at Home Despot. (SIC)

Who needs Rosetta Stone? Walk through walmart and you too can speak the language by the time you get to the exit. For a brush up stop at Home Despot. (SIC)

Lmao!!

Says the man who mixed English with Latin. :p:

Thanks Rondo, totally forgot about the magic erasers. Had bookmarked that page awhile back and bought some. Will need to try that. It is awesome to relearn old things...

How's the Bondo Restore Black working out for u? Any issues, how long has it lasted?

Back