'97 xplorer eddie bauer lift of '9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 xplorer eddie bauer lift of '9

Cleetis

Reaction score
City, State
East Wenatchee, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer 4wd
'97 xplorer

Hello Everybody I have a '97 ford Explorer Eddie bauer edition, and I'm trying to find a lift kit. But it seems like they stopped making lift kits for explorers at '94. Anyone have any links as to where I can get a lift kit of '4 inches or higher for a '97 explorer? Any help would be nice. Thanks
:navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Super lift makes the only suspension lift. Body lift PA#853, its for a ranger, TT and shackles

fabtech.com

I saw a suspension lift at fabtech.com for a '97 ford explorer but will is it for a small explorer or the newer kind.

Hi I have a '97 xplorer eddie bauer, and I want to lift it '9 inches. What are the pro's and conn's of doing this. Also where can I get a lift kit for a '97 that is '9 inches. I've seen them around but have no idea where to get them. I also have indipendant fron suspension. So it will be more expensive. Any one who has any info. would be much appriciated. Thanks much. Also if I bought a lift kit for a '97 ranger would it fit on my explorer

PS. I also want to fit '37 tires on my rig.

You'll not find a 9" lift for it anywhere. It will have to be fabricated. Do a search on this forum and you'll find millions of posts about lifting explorer with aftermarket lifts and with solid front axle swaps. We've talked about this subject just a few times ;)

Well if you have 2wd you can do a 3inch tt and 3 inch procomp spindles. In the back you can do SOA, shackles, and aal. Then all around you can a 3 inch body. If you have 4wd you can do a superlift 4 inch up front with a 2 inch tt. In the rear a SOA, shackles, and aal. Then a 3 inch body lift.

I have found a 4 inch suspension lift but I have been unable to find a body lift anywhere. Yes it is 4wd Where can I find a 3 inch body lift? I found the '4 suspension lift at fabtech.com Is that a good site?

A performance accessories part #853 body lift that is designed for a ford ranger is what you want. You will need to fab up bumper brackets also here is the plans.
Front:

front_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Rear:

rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg

Is the body lift that i'm supposed to get for a ford ranger? if so what year?

what is a 2" tt? and the 3 inch body lift I get for a ford Ranger right. What year?

Where is the Bronco Forums?

a 2"tt stands for 2" torsion twist. basically you crank the adjustment bolts for the torsion bars up and it raises the front end. the body lift you need is listed in a post a few up. use the search function for further info. and instructions.

'97 xplr lift

Hey everybody, I have a '97 ford explorer 4wd and I want to lift it 9". I think i'm going to use a 4" super lift, 2" tts with warrior shackels and 3" body lift. What is the biggest size of tire that I can get and fit on my rig? And when I do this how much sooner will i kill my drive shafts? Thanks for all the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So if i'm going to lift my rig 2" by using tt, is there any thing I need to buy to lift it besides the warrior shackels?

Back