My Ford Explorer will not start! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ford Explorer will not start!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any progress on getting your truck started?

Hi, sorry for late reply... Haven't done some much on the car latly... I was taking to a old car guy, and he told me. "that it have to me the immobilizer" like you said. :) And i need to get it to the workshop, so they can synchronize the key with the car. Is this right? Or can it be something els? I also find out that the fuse before the "anti theft relay" do have power, but the starter relay don't have any power, so the "anti theft relay" stopping it... It gets fuel, it gets air, it's have power in the battery and the key lock most likly work... So it's have to be the Immobilizer. Can't find anythings else that is wrong... :)

I know this will sound crazy, but have read that the frequency used in the remotes is also used for broadcast media and cell phones so the key can be completely overpowered in random locations. Recommendation is to take a piece of aluminum foil and make a small box around the immobilizer unit. Put the remote in the box with the immobilizer and press the key. The foil should shield out other frequency sources in the area and allow the key to be read by the immobilizer. I believe its supposed to turn green for start.

I did try this yeasterday, no result.....

If not anyone have some smart tips that i can do furter, it is going to the scrapyard... NOT, i ment the workshop. Haha :)

Hey. Had the car on a autoshop for a half year. they did no progress in geting it runing again. So i'm all back to the start. And Going to try again by my self to get it startet.

But needs some help to get runing.

as from the start.

The engine does not turn over when the key is in "start" posisjon. The only ting that comes is "click" from the relays.

Batteri and cabeles is all Ok
Solenoid is OK
Starter is OK
Fuses in the main fusebox is OK

I thinks the problem is a elektrik one, suspect something with the anti theft system.
The Light on the key remote is red.

On the dash, the anti theft light is on, and check engine.

And Happy easter car guys!

Hi! Just wanted to thank the people on this topic for help! :) The truck have been running for 6 mouths now! And will still run many years, i hope!

The problem was the anti-theft system. Some shop delete the whole system. so now, that wan't be a problem anymore!

Here is a picture of the truck!

BD_WgOMOaEJ

Good deal!
Freaking technology!

Back