5.0limited

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer 2000 ranger
Callsign
Mad mitch
just picked up a 1998 2wd 5.0 limted last week surprisingly in mint condition with 148k leather seats have not one tear or crease original paint job is perfect must have been garage kept its whole life I'll post pics soon as soon as I figure out how to. The engine runs very quiet and smooth trans shifts perfect no oil or trans leaks everything on it works!! I got it for 3400$ after driving it 2 days cel came on so I'm hunting down an evap leak shouldn't be to much trouble with the info I've read on the forum. Needless to say ive now become an explorer enthusiast

I got an estimate from a local custom muffler shop to run 2 in 2 out duals with a generic flow master for 400$ Cash with stainless tips. That's keeping all 4 cats as well. Does that seem reasonable? I live in FL I'm not worried about any inspections

As far as an intake guess the only hope is to wait for a Mac to show up on eBay or does anyone know another outlet to score one? I thought about just getting the MAF adapter and building a box out of sheet aluminum that's basically what they did on my dads 07 Shelby mustang

Any tips on preventative maintenance or things to look out for to keep it going strong. though about going ahead and replacing some hoses or solenoid Relays and or switches if I could find some that seem to go out regularly. Very happy to have found this forum thanks for any responses

Sorry newbie fail I ment to put this in the modified section disregard this post

Back