My new DD/baby hauler

Limited02

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
After almost 10 years of driving my 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 V8, it was time for a change. The Explorer I did cat-back exhaust, CAI, tune, slightly lowered on 20's with 20% tint, removed the roof rack and it ran a best of 15.1 in the 1/4 mile. It was a great DD for me and did everything I asked of it. I put 145,000 miles on it and enjoyed every moment of it. With a daily commute of 50 miles, I was averaging 17.4 mpg (kept record on fuelly.com).

I really wanted a 2013+ Explorer Sport, but they just weren't in the budget, so I started looking for '13+ Taurus SHO's. When I was ready to make a move, I couldn't find any with the options I wanted or they were 250+ miles away. Then I started looking at Lincolns and about 35 miles away was a 2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I've always like the styling over the Taurus and I was able to get IMO a lot more car for my money. This has the EcoBoost appearance package and the dual panel moon roof as well as front/rear parking sensors, navigation, THX II sound system, etc. I've only had it for a week and I LOVE the instant torque the 3.5TT provides. This thing really gets out of it's way without trying.

My goal is to drive it for a few months in stock form to get an avg mpg record and then I will be doing the LMS 91 tune/3-bar/plugs and drop-in filter. Visually I'll probably remove the side badges and tint the windows.

Cleaned up for new owner:
2015-08-16_zpsmczdxkhc.jpg

Last picture before driving to let her go :(
LastDay_zps0xyszfus.jpg

New whip:
MKS3_zpswm7vjjuo.jpg

MKS2_zpsoxliqyky.jpg

MKS1_zpstgyrxznv.jpg

That is a sweet ride! I like them a lot.

Looks like you'll need to change your signature now. replace the word "parts" with "diapers" lol :D

Good to hear life is treating you well. :thumbsup:

Back