my ranger finally made it from mexico take a look!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my ranger finally made it from mexico take a look!!!

hey man remember me at all its been ages since i talked to u. how r u doing and whats new with ya.

r u still living in the bay area or what. me i am in southern cali but i am coming back to bay area to visit soon.

my fam and friends and my gf still live in the bay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh damn you werent kidding that is horrid

The new one looks a lot like a Nissan Frontier to me.

That's what I was thinking...

Hey- they're still using the Gen II dash though, sooooo if anyone wantes a black interior bad enough... :D

...but that radio looks funky and they could have straightened the cig lighter for the picture. Fire the director! :D

they still havent even changed the steering wheel

Haha thats crazy, I didnt realize there was the gallery for more pics, but I cant believe its still basically a 2nd gen interior, I love the HVAC controls for some reason LOL. Im gonna wire me up a cluster like that too :D

At least the wheels are wrapped in Pirelli's, I guess LOL

big5dog what kind of issues did you have with the DMV?. goin through juarez or TJ? i know TJ but not juarez too well

big5dog what kind of issues did you have with the DMV?. goin through juarez or TJ? i know TJ but not juarez too well

dmv didnt give me any issues it was us customs that give me a small issue, i needed the sticker that goes under the hood(catalyst) that says year, engine size and that it conforms with usa and california epa emissions, had to get a letter from ford in mexico wich was a pain because they took forever to send it to me.

ah i see. ok. thanks for the heads up.

Definitely getting me one of them! no airbags! Loves it!

The 2010 one looks tacky - like Daewoo made it er something...

man i like the fact that it has a rear bench seat, that is inself is a big plus to me, looks good by the way, have fun and you can always add power window/locks/mirrors... easy upgrade/mod

how much did it cost for import duty??
how long did it take for that letter to arrive??

updates??

looking into buying one of these.. any advice you can give me??

Beautiful little truck i just got my ranger three months ago i thought i woulda missed my chevy more then i have. The rangers are good little trucks id buy another one after owning this one

id like an update as well. what was the dealership you purchased it from?

Might want to check out the last post date and the original post date. :D:eek:

Thread resurrection.:dead:

My bad. Been a long time.
I still got the truck but had to drive it back to Mexico due to too many fee's and certifications to make it Cali legal.

So was it the state of cali that really gave you a hard time?? Because im looking into doing the same but im bringing mine back to indiana where theyre not as strict. Do you think this can be done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So was it the state of cali that really gave you a hard time?? Because im looking into doing the same but im bringing mine back to indiana where theyre not as strict. Do you think this can be done?

Might be best if you take pictures of the vehicle you want to import, like under hood decals, side door decals, and an outside body pic first to whoever you plan to import it with in Indiana.

I couldn't import mine because it's a full 4 door cab and in USA it's not a model that was being sold.

Back