My rear blower is not working. I believe that there is no power going into the motor. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My rear blower is not working. I believe that there is no power going into the motor.

tmfscowboy

Reaction score
hi all

i have a 96? AWD aerostar and the rear blower doesn't have any power getting to it, i have removed the switch on the dash and i have no power getting to this either, which leads me to believe that their is a relay, ignition fed, that isn't working,

does any one have any idea where these relays are, so i can check them please? or does anyone have a wiring scematic of the rear blower

thanks in advance

barry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread to provide more details on the issue you are having. Did you check the fuses? Check the color codes of the wires on the switch, and compare them to the wiring on the rear blower. You could apply 12 volts to the wires going into the rear blower to see if the motor will turn on.

i know the blower works, because the person who had the van before me had it wired to the rear cig lighter in teh rear, i want to try and get it working correctlly.

what i have done so far
checked to see if i have any power at all at the rear blower, (no power found at any of the wires)
removed the plug onto the main switch at the front on the dash( no power at any of the connectors)

what i would like to know is does anyone know the location of the relays that power the fan motors, please?

thank you

I was trying to find a schematic or a parts location diagram, but I was only able to find a picture, and a part number of the relay:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1105175&parttype=6916&a=FRc1105175k505889
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=505889
F1745A.jpg

thanks for that brooklyn , i think i know where the relays are now, i will have a look this weekend and let you know

ok i found the relay, it's location is just above the rear blower motor; to get to it remove the panel and then you can get the ralay changed, i know have hi and low power, next i need to change the Auxiliary blower motor resistor.
the location for this is on the left hand side of the rear blower motor.

i have also located the blower motor resistor, its location is on the front bulkhead, to the left, as you look into the engine bay, of the blower motor.

hope this helps others as well

barry

Back