My Sync Upgrade yet? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Sync Upgrade yet?

Plan and simple america stands for quality products, at it should, this what's wrong with today. Just saying.

You might want to read that again and perhaps re-word.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm with you. I got mine on Dec. 30 2010 and am still waiting. I can't understand how they are now making 2013's with the (new and improved ?) version and we are still waiting. I'm sure an arbitration panel would find Ford guilty of not living up to what was promised and advertised to us when purchasing this vehicle.

Everyone is assuming the 2013's being built have the new sw. I'm not so sure, this is true. It probably has our current sw. Just my opinion.

The 2013's at all the Auto Shows have it.

Everyone is assuming the 2013's being built have the new sw. I'm not so sure, this is true. It probably has our current sw. Just my opinion.

There is another thread in which someone who is currently waiting for a 2013 shows the new software version on syncmyride.com for their vin number. The assumption is probably a fair one to make.

Shows CI (Confirmed Install) Feb 24 2012

OK...that's great. We are close then.....hopefully.

snowbird,

Some dealerships have a copy of the beta software in order to get familiar with it. Dealers cannot install beta on customer vehicles. The upgrade will be available for all MyFord Touch vehicles this spring, not third quarter.

Rebecca

You were right about the dealer not having the upgrade. There was a TSB 11-7-24 which she was referring to for navigation problems. Dealer tried to install it on my vehicle but it crashed partially thru the install. Dealer also addressed TSB 11-11- 7 for the torque steer problem, it is fixed. They also wanted to address the rain noise issue TSB 12-2-7 and supplies are on order. Hopefully these two issues will be fixed next week. Key Scales Ford in Leesburg is a great dealer for service.

Addressing the issue of the "NEW" software for MFT. I wish Ford would come up with a more concrete date when it will be issued. You mentioned this "spring"! According to the 2012 calender the last day of spring is June 19th! This is a far cry from the first quarter which was bantered about. The end of June is near the end of the second quarter.

I have had my 2011 Explorer since Dec. 30th 2010. This issue is getting old. We love everything else about this vehicle.

Wave your magic wand and make all of us happy. We deserve it.

I have had my 2011 Explorer since Dec. 30th 2010. This issue is getting old. We love everything else about this vehicle.

Wave your magic wand and make all of us happy. We deserve it.

Agreed! I've been paying for this car for FAR too long without this issue being fixed. I would have traded it in long ago if I weren't going to be upside down with the trade. Ford has a nice design, but a jacked up product and they need to cut everyone with the early models a price break IMO.

I actually updated 3 vehicles today, at my shop, and can tell you that the system is substantially faster and flows much better. You will not be able to use you old sd card after update.

Back