My Sync Upgrade yet? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Sync Upgrade yet?

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
I cant log on to my sync, I dont remember my log on info and by the time I get to the choices I have to use it locks me out, so I cant be going there anymore, might start drinking again if i do ....

Has anyone received their upgraded my sync from Ford yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant log on to my sync, I dont remember my log on info and by the time I get to the choices I have to use it locks me out, so I cant be going there anymore, might start drinking again if i do ....

Not out yet

I don't know if the new update will be on syncmyride anyway. It is to be mailed out to all owners on a USB stick.
I'm not expecting to see it until the end of March, if then.

Peter

As stated above, the update is going to be mailed out to owners on a 8GB thumb drive. If the update is even close to that size, unless you have a crazy fast internet connection, that's going to take quite some time to download. Might be quicker to wait for snail mail.

I talked to our service manager at key Scales Ford today to bring in my 2011 Explorer XLt. I told him that the Sync (MFT) goes in and out to black screen repeatedly almost every day for the last two weeks. She told me that they had the new MFT UPGRADE at the dealer available for download. BUT, Get this, it is only for some models. There will be some model upgrades that wouldn't be available until the 3rd quarter of this year. I hope that she is wrong. So much for FORD being upfront with its customers. I will know on Fri. if mine is one of the fortunate ones. Mine was built on 11/23/2010, so it is an early model.
I hope for the sake of all of you out there that this info I received is not true.

I talked to our service manager at key Scales Ford today to bring in my 2011 Explorer XLt. I told him that the Sync (MFT) goes in and out to black screen repeatedly almost every day for the last two weeks. She told me that they had the new MFT UPGRADE at the dealer available for download. BUT, Get this, it is only for some models. There will be some model upgrades that wouldn't be available until the 3rd quarter of this year. I hope that she is wrong. So much for FORD being upfront with its customers. I will know on Fri. if mine is one of the fortunate ones. Mine was built on 11/23/2010, so it is an early model.
I hope for the sake of all of you out there that this info I received is not true.

snowbird,

Some dealerships have a copy of the beta software in order to get familiar with it. Dealers cannot install beta on customer vehicles. The upgrade will be available for all MyFord Touch vehicles this spring, not third quarter.

Rebecca

snowbird,

The upgrade will be available for all MyFord Touch vehicles this spring, not third quarter.

Rebecca

The astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012.

When does Ford Spring begin?

The astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012.

When does Ford Spring begin?
I believe the groundhogs indicated that you guys south of ther border are in for a longer Winter than we are. That's if you believe the little rodents.:D

Peter

I believe the groundhogs indicated that you guys south of ther border are in for a longer Winter than we are. That's if you believe the little rodents.:D

Peter

Oh great, you just gave Ford the excuse they have been looking for!:D

snowbird,

Some dealerships have a copy of the beta software in order to get familiar with it. Dealers cannot install beta on customer vehicles. The upgrade will be available for all MyFord Touch vehicles this spring, not third quarter.

Rebecca

"spring" or "Q1"? I thought it was always Q1? "Spring" lasts until June 20.

I wouldn't worry too much guys. If Ford is comfortable giving their dealers the software to try out, I'm guessing it wont be too much longer.

I wouldn't worry too much guys. If Ford is comfortable giving their dealers the software to try out, I'm guessing it wont be too much longer.

I agree.

I know everyone has different levels of success and frustration with MFT, but I'd like to state that I don't care if it's Q1 or Q4 when the update comes out. Ford listened to everyone’s complaints and saw there were some issues with their first attempt and is trying to address our concerns with this firmware update. And they are providing it for FREE. Yes it is frustrating if the navigation isn't always the most reliable or if a black reset screen appears when you want to change a temperature or radio station. But Ford is not telling us "Tough, learn to deal with it." They listened to our complaints and are working on getting us a solution. There are many companies that wouldn't do what Ford is doing. There are many companies that would charge users for an update like this or at the very least make the us all go to a dealer for the update instead of sending out hundreds of thousands of thumb drives in the mail.

So while I would love to see the update in my mailbox tomorrow, the fact a fix is on its way is enough to keep me a satisfied customer.

Do 2013 Explorers being built now have the update preinstalled?

Do 2013 Explorers being built now have the update pre-installed?

It isn't FREE if we paid 45k for something that was broke...not sure of how you think that! :thumbdwn:

...just sayin

To be fair, you paid for the vehicle. If your vehicle was dead and could not start, or could not steer, or could not brake, then you would have a point. The actual itemized cost of the various parts including the MFT software is not known, though *replacement* part costs can be obtained. In short, you paid for a bunch of steel, leather, plastic, rubber, and the labor to put it all together. Plus a bit for the costs to design the vehicle, I'm sure, and other bits and bobs. The actual itemized cost per vehicle of developing MFT is unknown. The argument that gets thrown around that we paid a lot of money for something that doesn't work is just bunk.

I'm not saying MFT doesn't have problems, or that it isn't an important feature of the Explorer, or that Ford doesn't have an obligation to address the problems. I'm just saying we should stop saying we paid $xyz for something that was broken.

Do 2013 Explorers being built now have the update pre-installed?

Those of us with 2011's are having to wait two model years to get the update. So with your 2013, you'll have to wait until the 2015 model release to get your update:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To be fair, you paid for the vehicle. .

I paid for a Ford Explorer that was advertised heavily that it had MFT, a new look and all the high tech features I wanted that is why I bought it. You can decide what were important reasons to you when you bought it. It would have leveled the playing field more without the MFT and perhaps I would not have given it a second look but I was psyched by the MFT.

People saying this is bunk are just missing the boat and letting these companies screw the consumer, it isn't FREE we paid for it and have withstood months of problems because it sucked out of the box and they rushed it out the door to be first....just sayin.

Please feel free to have your opinion....I have mine.;)

Back