My Truck May be totalled | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Truck May be totalled

So yesterday i was driving on a one lane local highway, and a guy ahead of me hit his brakes. i came to a stop and then the guy in the 97 ranger ran into my much heavier and sturdier 97 explorer :). And being that my truck already was in poor condition due to its previous owner (My older sister) being a terrible driver its value is very low. Less than 3 grand. Well that ranger bent my bumper destroyed my trunk hatch and bent a frame bracket. (not the frame.) I wil be uploading pictures later but it really annoys me becuase i had just begun to redo the entire interior. I was just starting and was only painting panels at this point, but still. :(:( anyways, if she is totalled i will find out monday. And if thats the case i will be buying either and explorer sport or a ford ranger. Used of course because i'm only 18 and have zero credit :). but i just thought you guys would enjoy this. as much as it sucks i can still see humor in it. His 97 ranger hit my 97 explorer xlt. that like a little brother trying to beat up his much bigger weight lifting brother lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you're ok. There is some irony there... A Ranger should know better than to pick on an Explorer;)

hmm, i have 1 of each, now who gets the vote,,

sorry about your Ex , hope you can get another for a good deal,

Glad your ok. You will have the option to buy back your explorer if the damages exceed the value of it. You should be able to get it back for under $300. I believe if I were in your shoes and I'm only 25. I would buy it back and continue rebuilding it.

My explorer runs but comparing it to my other nonrunning vehicle a 94 sunbird that I paid $100 for. My sunbird is in better shape then my explorer is. But what is broken can be fixed. I'll spend upwards of $8,000 on my explorer before I (think) would be done with it on mods and replacing old wore parts. Under $500 investment to get my sunbird running and legal but I'm sure I'll find some more things it needs at that point.

But it's up to you. At least with an explorer or ranger you can continue being a member here. A loyal member at that :)

if i were you id buy it back and fix it and then do what you want with it after that. i crashed my 99 and replaced basically the whole front end for under 200 and it looks great now, you would never know it was in an accident.

glad ur ok

Back