MyFord Touch Does't Like My USB Drive... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Touch Does't Like My USB Drive...

Rosko97

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT 2WD
I've put together a collection of music that I would like to listen to in the car. I fully formatted the USB, and converted all of the music to MP3. I put the music on the USB which I called "Storage".

When I put the drive into the port, I wait a few, and then try selecting USB under the audio sources. It tells me something like "This drive is not compatible", or "Sync does not recognize the drive." One of those, but the point is, it doesn't realize the USB is plugged in.....

What, if possible, should I do? I don't really want to go out and buy another drive if it is not necessary. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Format

How big is the USB drive? How is it formatted? Probably needs to be FAT32 I would guess. Mine work fine, 2GB and 8GB drives. I have podcasts and music on them and they work just fine. Am on 2.11 in a 2012.

Try formatting the USB in your pc again...also check that the files are in fact MP3s and that they have .MP3 extensions.

alright let me try...

they are .mp3, not .MP3........ Does that make a difference?

Oh, yep its good... [Thread Closed] *Please....haha

Oh, yep its good... [Thread Closed] *Please....haha

When you say "Oh, yep its good", you should state what fixed the problem, so others that may be having the same problem know what your solution was. Though I'm assuming you reformatted the drive as FAT/FAT32?

Yeah, sorry that's what I did.

It all works now, but for some annoying reason, when I am playing through all the songs ("Play All"), one song will play perfectly, then the next song, when it is supposed to start playing, the system says 'Corrupt File, Cannot Process Media', somewhat along those lines.

I have all the songs in the same format so i have no idea why some work and others don't.

Yes formatting with FAT with Disk Utility on my Mac fixed the original problem of the system not reading the Drive.

Back