MyKey no longer showing as Option in settings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyKey no longer showing as Option in settings

SEL

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Escape
I was given 1 key when I bought my 2016 Ford Escape (used) and was told that's all the dealership had for the vehicle. Since then, I programmed "MyKey" and am sorry that I did! If I try to go back into the settings to clear it, there's no longer an option showing for "MyKey", so I can't change any of the settings (Maximum MPH and radio volume), nor can I clear the settings. It's so frustrating and am not sure at this point how many hours I've wasted on this! I'm seeing all kinds of posts about this same problems with lots of other Ford owners but don't see a remedy except to either buy another key or have the dealer reprogram it. Has anyone come up with a better answer? To me, it seems poor planning to have a setting that's so difficult to be reprogrammed!

I was given 1 key when I bought my 2016 Ford Escape (used) and was told that's all the dealership had for the vehicle. Since then, I programmed "MyKey" and am sorry that I did! If I try to go back into the settings to clear it, there's no longer an option showing for "MyKey", so I can't change any of the settings (Maximum MPH and radio volume), nor can I clear the settings. It's so frustrating and am not sure at this point how many hours I've wasted on this! I'm seeing all kinds of posts about this same problems with lots of other Ford owners but don't see a remedy except to either buy another key or have the dealer reprogram it. Has anyone come up with a better answer? To me, it seems poor planning to have a setting that's so difficult to be reprogrammed!
I had the same problem. I used forescan to delete that. It cost me $19 on Amazon to what I needed to use forescan and downloaded it for free. Worked great

Back