NAE5LTSTST... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NAE5LTSTST...

Strattec, JMA and lastly Kee-co are the good cheap ones. When none of those are in stock I might go Ilco but usually one of the 3 are in-stock. Benefits or drawbacks of having a key machine, I can cut and program my own keys. Just wish I had a sidewinder key machine now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After watching "Ol' Boi" cut me a bad key, I really want one now.

My son told me the sidewinder machine is problematic
They use the xhorse condor xc-mini plus ii crc laser cutter in the lock shop
he says it will cut almost any key

I'm proud of him he is taking the state test Saturday

My son told me the sidewinder machine is problematic
They use the xhorse condor xc-mini plus ii crc laser cutter in the lock shop
he says it will cut almost any key

I'm proud of him he is taking the state test Saturday
Depends on the brand you buy. Buddy of mine is a locksmith and he and I only use HPC or Silca.

The 2000 is an Eddie Bauer, and I've been thinking about transferring the trip computer and EATC - IF I was to transfer the entire harness from the EB to the Sport Trac, I'm assuming the dash has to come out to swap the harness/HAVC portion?

I mean, it would be sure cool, but how much work am I looking at?

Just need someone to talk me out of doing the air ride shocks in the back.

Problem 2 is the color change, ST is slate, EB is tan

Yes dash has to come out
No biggie hahahahaha I do that all the time

The big difference between a 2000 4 door and your sport trac is the lack of tailgate
The 4’door is expecting to see rear hatch wiper and defrost where as trac has power down back window. The locations of the air ride system and keyless entry systems are completely different meaning you would have to find a home for them in the trac body

The 05 sport trac uses a fuel pump driver module and can bus instrument cluster (talks to the now missing v6 computer)
The wiring for the reverse
Lights, canister vent solenoid and fuel tank pressure sensors terminate down by the transfer case on a 05, in the 2000 these wires are still up by the engine.

The 05 uses a body restraint module, a 4x4 control module, and other modules whereas the 2000 still had a gem to handle most of these functions
Things like this changed between 00 and 05

Otherwise the vehicles are very similar

With that said The 05 has many changes to the wiring that could make this a challenge if you only take this and that from the 2000 it could get interesting. I successfully added a v8 to a 05, going deeper adds more hurdles to overcome.
So swapping everything from headlights to tail lights maybe the best way to go! Less hurdles when you just move everything over from one frame to the other,
I am talking all of it…. Anything less will make it more difficult

Once it’s all said and done you can the strip out systems and wires that are not needed like rear hatch air suspension etc etc
It’s amazing how much wiring can be removed and still have a running driving functioning vehicle
I have pictures from when we stripped down a 97 5.0 and turned it into a 1949 f1, there are piles of wires that were not needed for that project

Is there a way to parallel the GEM/Modules - like you would adding an EEC-V to control a 4R70W?
I'm looking for a manual xfer case, but the rear window is something I'd like functional.

Our 05 is running a manual t case and the power back window still works fine

And yes you can use a gem module to control just a few functions if needed this has been done several times. The earlier trucks the gem module is the body controller and the 4wd control module, in 2002
Or so they started using separate modules for everything …
Kinda of funny because way back before the gem module they had separate
Modules like my 1988

Back