3rd Gen Mods, 2.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Mods, 2.0

Ive never heard of the brand of pulley Caldwell talked about, but I've never had ANY problems with Underdrive on any of my cars.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive never heard of the brand of pulley Caldwell talked about, but I've never had ANY problems with Underdrive on any of my cars.

You've never heard of STEEDA?????

They're pretty big in the ford world.

make sure you buy the right one or you will be out of luck(or be installing a new water pump)..use this link to find out what water pump you have and then buy the right pulley.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/water-pump-pulley-identification.html

and here are the links for the two...same prices on them just about everywhere.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/st4unpu9gt.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/st4unpum20gt.html

if you want help on the install, let me know...i know a few tricks to getting the pulleys off.

All I've done to my 03 mounty is E-fan, K&N cold air intake, and chop the third cat and put in a Magnaflow exhaust. I pull 9.974 in the 1/8 mile and I'm faster than my buddies turbocharged jeep Cherokee that was dyno'd at 280hp (its stock was probably around 190). So evidently my mods have helped a bit.

I was looking for a nice set of underdrive pullies but didnt think the cost was worth it, but I'll go with steeda. 4.10 gears are my next mod followed by a nice tune. =)

All I've done to my 03 mounty is E-fan, K&N cold air intake, and chop the third cat and put in a Magnaflow exhaust. I pull 9.974 in the 1/8 mile and I'm faster than my buddies turbocharged jeep Cherokee that was dyno'd at 280hp (its stock was probably around 190). So evidently my mods have helped a bit.

I was looking for a nice set of underdrive pullies but didnt think the cost was worth it, but I'll go with steeda. 4.10 gears are my next mod followed by a nice tune. =)

I may have to wait on my gears as cash just got a little tight. Since I have a 4x4 the cost is much more. I can swap out my rear with the Ford Racing gears but with the front I have to go with the factory 4.10s. These are double the price (and not as good) as the gears from Ford Racing...

Hey Xeno--did you go with a Flex-a-lite Efan?

Hey Xeno--did you go with a Flex-a-lite Efan?

Nah... I went to a junk yard (U pick, miami) and got two e-fans off a minivan and put one of them in.. since my radiator wasnt big enough for both of them.

Me and my friend bent some plates to mount it on the radiator and ran the wires all professional looking..

it looks sick, like a kit you would've bought online.

I spent 80 bucks total..

E-fans (2) = 45 bucks (only used one of them so it would've been 20 bucks)

Wires and fuse.. and wire sheath (whatever its called) = 15 bucks

Metal plates and nuts n bolts = 25ish

Added the Steeda UDP and just had it tuned/dyno'd. The truck is performing and sounding great. I'll post the results...

My results:

"Stock" 207.58 rwhp

"Tuned" 225.70 rwhp

I would say, conservatively, I am about 270-275 hp at crank. I'm not really a numbers guy when it comes to hp. If I want 400 hp-- I'll bolt on the Tork Tech supercharger. But for now I am very happy with the truck's performance...

Not bad!!! How about getting some numbers from the track. Are you 2wd or 4wd? And did you notice much change from the UDP?

Very nice power, exactly where I want to be tomorrow when I get my tuner :thumbsup:

Is that 207hp completely stock or just without the tune?

It's a 4wd and I had the UDP installed just prior to having the truck tuned. So it is hard for me to say about the difference.

207 rwhp is just without the tune therefore it is not truly stock.

It's a 4wd and I had the UDP installed just prior to having the truck tuned. So it is hard for me to say about the difference.

207 rwhp is just without the tune therefore it is not truly stock.

WOW - 18 rwhp just from the tune. That's remarkable.

WOW - 18 rwhp just from the tune. That's remarkable.

JDM in Freehold, NJ did my tune--you should check them out since you are in NJ. They are one of the best Mustang/Lightning shops in the country and graciously tuned the Ex for me.

Back