• Register Today It's free!

Navigation System

ricochet

Reaction score
City, State
Hazleton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
I currently have the Audiophile 6 disc in dash changer system in my 06 XLT, but I'm thinking about replacing it with the stock in dash nav unit. Can anyone tell me if this is a worthwhile swap and does the nav unit need a CD or is it pre-programmed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the stock nav unit and it takes a dvd but you can use the nav and play a cd at teh same time, unlike in Chevy Trailblazers.

Where would I be able to get a copy of this DVD? The unit I'm looking at buying doesn't come with the DVD.

Ive seen them on eBay, they are from Navteq just like almost all other factory nav units. Do a search for explorer navigation discs or mix it up to try and find them. If not, you get get them from Navteq, I can write down the number from my manual if you need.

does anyone know if the 2006 navigations system will fit in the 2004 with little or hopefully no work needing to be done.

ricochet said:
I currently have the Audiophile 6 disc in dash changer system in my 06 XLT, but I'm thinking about replacing it with the stock in dash nav unit. Can anyone tell me if this is a worthwhile swap and does the nav unit need a CD or is it pre-programmed?

The nav unit can be swapped in (according to my dealer) and the nav unit accepts a DVD (included) for the data.

The nav system is very nice, and way faster than the one on my old Lexus I just sold (not surprising, it's much newer technology). The screen could always be bigger, but it's not bad.

I always prefer factory navs to aftermarket which never integrate as seamlessly.

in dash navigation system

what in dash navagition system out there that will fit a 2007 sprot trac. i want it to look stock. ford wanted $2500 for the unit and they will install it.

I got my Nav unit from Ebay, item number 250262610468. This guy programs the Nav to be compatable with all the bells and whistles that your EX has. It is completly plug and play. It also comes with the newest release DVD disk 7P and the antenna.

thats a better price then what ford wanted. i was also looking in on getting this package deal Jensen VM9022 & NAV101 Package ($600.00), but wasnt sure how well it will work.

i always liked the pioneer avic d3. However i dont know if its still available. Navagation, DVD, Ipod ready (with cable )

dosent the d3 required to have a cd in the system to operate the navigation system?

Check out the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT you can order it off crutchfield for $1099 and it comes with a free backup camera right now. It has MSN Direct, stores map data in flash memory, text to speech, bluetooth for hands free calling, and is compatible with steering wheel controls.

nav unit

Do you know if that pioneer unit will work in my 07 EB. Will it affect my mp3 plug in?

Do you know if that pioneer unit will work in my 07 EB. Will it affect my mp3 plug in?

if you mean that one that plugs into the headphone area of the mp3 player, the jensen one was affected. seeing how it was a plug in piece to the radio, the jensen didnt have that option. so im assuming it would affect yours to, if there no connection on the pioneer for it.

The AVIC-F900BT intrests me a lot, do you know how hard it would be to install in an '04 Sport Trac? Has anyone used one yet?

I have researched the oem units quite a bit, I really do prefer the factory look to after market plus the factory units are plug and play, remove the old unit and plug the Nav unit in put in the 4 screws, in a snap your done.. There are units on ebay that can be bought that will fit the 05 through 08 Explorer / Sport Trac for anywhere between $500 and $1100 then they can be programmed for another $80. to $100. There are a couple dealers that will do the programming when you buy from them. They are 6 disc and will work with the Sirius, steering wheel controls and most also include the antenna and 6P or 7P disc.

However if you have Sync there are far fewer units that will work and In addition I am being told that you have to do a button swap and some rewiring to make the steering wheel controls work on the Sync, of course this does cost extra. I have been trying to find a picture of an Explorer or Sport Trac steering wheel control that came with both Nav and Sync to see if the button arrangement is indeed different. So if anyone does have factory Nav and Sync please post a picture of your controls

get the dvd from ebay. i just sold 2 on there, and there are always more. usually around 75-80 shipped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I swapped the factory navigation radio in to our '07 and it works great. (I still need to get it re-programmed to show the Ford logo (versus Mercury) as well add the functionality for the AUX input on the console.)

Back