Need 4 More for Tom's Doubler from T&M Off Road Products | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need 4 More for Tom's Doubler from T&M Off Road Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked at mine :D

Attachments

• IM000963.JPG
    IM000963.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 317

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it come with the tcase for 750 or did you have to pay extra to have him send that as well?

What you see is what I got,the shift lever is kinda hidden at the top of the box

Jefe said:
Thats um . . . yellow :eek:

Heh heh...looks like its ready to be installed in a Caterpiller dozer :p Nothin' a couple rattle cans wouldn't take care of.

Got mine today! :cool:

Are you going to be home tommmorow? I have to head up to Orange county in the morning. Mind if I swing by on the way home. Probably be in the early afternoon.

I still have to pay. Just got back from vacation. Anybody made any progress on installing thiers?

Yeah....... who's installed it? :)

I like the caterpillar yellow :)
Thats what we are building is tractors

I think they have dragged them into their living rooms and made coffee tables out of them :p

DB_1 said:
I think they have dragged them into their living rooms and made coffee tables out of them :p

Thats pretty close, I do have it in the living room and I have a jacket thrown on top of the box, I won't be installing ine till mid March to end of April I have two runs to go first and I will also be doing a SAS at the same time.

Gas Tank

Did I read somewhere on this board that the X and EB frame rails are essentially the same width apart - even thought the EB is wider overall?

If so, couldn't we drop the stock spare tire and mount an EB fuel tank between the framerails where the stock spare usually goes, under the rear cargo area?

Something like this 24 Gallon Main Fuel Tank from BC broncos seems like it would be perfect? http://www.bcbroncos.com/

Thoughts?

I was just thinking of doing the same thing when I was thumbing through the Wild Horses catalog. They have one set up for fuel injected engines that looks like it might work. I'm sure either BC or WH would be happy to give you the dimensions of their tanks.

They are calling that tank a replacement main tank. Broncos can have dual tanks. So the Q is, is the front or rear tank the main tank? From the shape of the tank shown on their site, I think it's the front. :(

Matt (RockRanger) suggested we use Jeep wrangler tanks, but I have not researched that yet.

RangerX said:
Matt (RockRanger) suggested we use Jeep wrangler tanks, but I have not researched that yet.
I have never measured, but it seems to me that the Wrangler tank is taller than the broncoII tank (and smaller in the other two dimensions), and so it would hang down further. Not to mention then you'd have to deal with changing to the Jeep fuel pump or modifying the tank to fit the Ford fuel pump.

I think someone should call up AeroTank (or any other tank manufacture) and see if they'll produce a run of tanks similar to Fakrwee's. I'd be up for one.

Guys, I'm locking this thread, and starting a new one for doubler install discussion.
This one was about buying the doublers, and it's getting long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back