NEED help fast! Please read- claw vs xterrain | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEED help fast! Please read- claw vs xterrain

Ok this subject has been discussed to death on here... its like a 50/50 split right now between the Mickey Thompson baja claw RADIAL and the PC Xterrrain.

But i can get 33x12.50 Xterrains brand new for $570 and FREE shipping Free freight if i order by March 31.

Or i can get 33x12.50 Claw Radials for $633 shipped anytime.

What do i do??? Im gonna have to charge it (no interest for a year though) because im ordering my fibe fenders today and i hate being in debt (cause im already in... but not that bad...

Vote fast guys!

Baja Claw RADIAL:
mickeythompson_bajaclaw_radial.jpg

Xterrain:
66_1_b.JPG

I kinda like the siping in the xterrain... but will the claws last longer? This is a DD vehicle but i love off-roading... So please vote according to my situation here, will the baja claws last long enough where its worth waiting and spending the extra $63 for them?

**both tires look almost exactly the same except for the extra siping- i think they have the same tread depth too.. And if anyone knows the actualy sizes of each thatd be cool too (but i gotta know by tomorrow night :bounce: )

trust me dude. the day everything goes on ill have pics up- i just ordered the stuff so give it like 1-2 weeks to arrive.. and then ill beg my boss to let me stay after one night and do the fenders (and ill probably end up putting the tires on then too cause i dont want to wait till this semester is over... im sure they can handle 2 weeks of commuting)

Well when you get everything mounted give me a holler and we can go test them out. I really havent put my new tires through a good test yet either.

yea, id like to set something up actually for May. I know theres the Fords at Englishtown the weekend of the 12/13? Maybe the end of may we can plan to have a wheelin trip somewhere- try to get some people signed up. kinda of a "Start off the summer wheeling" thing... yea that sounds good :bounce:

If you ordered from 4 wheel supply, you will be happy with their shipping... I just got a set of Pro Comp MT's (my kid was running the X-terrains on his K-5 Blazer and they sucked in our eastern mud). The MT's look really nice - much more open tread than the pics indicate and the center lug siping looks like they will stick to rock. Haven't wheeled them yet (tranny is still out) but soon, and then I'll give a report. They had better outperform my Kuhmo Venture MT's or I'll be ticked off... but the price was great.

Back