NEED help fast! Please read- claw vs xterrain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEED help fast! Please read- claw vs xterrain

Ok this subject has been discussed to death on here... its like a 50/50 split right now between the Mickey Thompson baja claw RADIAL and the PC Xterrrain.

But i can get 33x12.50 Xterrains brand new for $570 and FREE shipping Free freight if i order by March 31.

Or i can get 33x12.50 Claw Radials for $633 shipped anytime.

What do i do??? Im gonna have to charge it (no interest for a year though) because im ordering my fibe fenders today and i hate being in debt (cause im already in... but not that bad...

Vote fast guys!

Baja Claw RADIAL:
mickeythompson_bajaclaw_radial.jpg

Xterrain:
66_1_b.JPG

I kinda like the siping in the xterrain... but will the claws last longer? This is a DD vehicle but i love off-roading... So please vote according to my situation here, will the baja claws last long enough where its worth waiting and spending the extra $63 for them?

**both tires look almost exactly the same except for the extra siping- i think they have the same tread depth too.. And if anyone knows the actualy sizes of each thatd be cool too (but i gotta know by tomorrow night :bounce: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got your pm, i am still running my 33's. didnt have time to lift again. i vote for the xterrains. i love mine. about a million times better than the bfg muds. if this is your DD you'll love them. handle great on the pavement and real well offroad.

I have the Xterrains and love them. The others aren't worth the difference in price. The tread is a tad different but not much. The Baja claws have a bit more sidewall tread but just a bit. A budy of mine has those and they seem to do well but not better enough to spend more money. But if you are only talking a diff of a few bucks its a toss up. Hard to say the which is better, I am locked he is open so either way he struggles more than I. Still a good tire. But I would save the $60 and get the Xterrains

I assume this is a 4wheel parts buy 3 get one free deal? they do that every few months. Can't beat it.

Take your own advice, and get the ProComps, kid! ;)

dude, just orderd the fenders ($365).

and know what,, just got an email- im calling back to order the pro-comps tomorrow $550 SHIPPED!! just cant pass that up!!!

lol, well i guess this pole might as well be closed-

bill, wanna give me a hand putting the fenders on?

oh $hit- im late for class!! :burnout:

Definately. Just let me know when you get em, and I'll free up my schedule. :bounce:

not a fan of the X-terrains.

lets just say id slap myself if i passed up 4 33x12.5 Xterrains for $550 total... so im calling in the order tomorrow during lunch.

But just outta curiosity; What tire do you recomend or why dont you like the xterrains? I like to have a lot of perspectives.. especially since im buying them..

funny how a semi-low-profile tire for an 18" rim costs the same as another tire that has probably 10x the amount of rubber in it.

X-terrains have my vote

hydroxy said:
funny how a semi-low-profile tire for an 18" rim costs the same as another tire that has probably 10x the amount of rubber in it.

supply and demand my friend...

whats even funnier is that i can order Bridgestone Dueler MT's off tire-rack for LESS than id get them at work at COST. and we're a Bridgestone dealer... i talked to our DM when he was in our shop and he said it had to do with the fact that we dont sell a lot of that tire especially in that size- therefore we dont have many in our factory and blah blah... its great how bulk orders work...

all i can say is. "thank god im moving up to 33's".. so many more options when it comes to tires!

Well my deal is, I've never seen one make it past like 20,000 miles. If I wanted a tire to last that long I'd go get a swamper. Also, they are so damn ugly to me. They do good in rocks but I've seen them get owned in mud time and time again. Everybody is getting them because they are like the "newest thing" from procomp but the regular MT was better. I agree bro, for the price that is ABSOLUTELY the way to go, I forgot about that when I posted, but if they were regular priced I'd say go with a lot of other tires before those things. No hate, just haven't seen good experiences with them, heard about good ones though. Hey, who cares what I've got to say, if you like them, get them, a lot of people (including myself) would say get them simply for the price, and for what you're getting them for, you can't go wrong. Post pics!

good explanation.. wierd but exactly what i wanted to hear.

yea looks... i think they're awesome- so thats just opinion difference.

my logic has always been that every MT looks the same, and i wanted to try something different. Plus i like the directional tread.. hoping it will perform better when we get that "slush" over here in the East that MT's make people cry in. Ive seen Doug spin his 35" MT's when it was drizzling out.. and he wasnt trying to spin them! thats what worries me.

Hopefully mine will make it past 20K miles though- thats actually why i was having such a hard time making a choice.. the baja claw radial is supposedly designed for a DD truck like mine.. but it all comes down to that price again.. just cant say no!

Oh ill have pics... trust me there will be pics :bounce:

i voted Xterrain. from what ive seen, the tread design works better on the trail. cant say much about mud, because if you mud were im from you run a swamper. FYI- the Xterrain and the BajaClaw are both the exact same tire in every way. only difference is the mold either goes in which dictates the tread pattern and the lettering on the sidewall.

well they do have 1 difference... the xterrains have that extra siping. You can see from the pictures i posted earlier. Hopefully that'll give me better wet traction when it rains here... and i got my fingers crossed hoping they dont wear too fast though

yeah sk1er17, but thats just the difference in the tread pattern that james mentioned.

Go for the X-Terrains, that's a great deal.

Warform said:
Go for the X-Terrains, that's a great deal.

They're on their way here :cool:

The only thing i that keeps bothering me is that 5 different sources claim their actual size to be 31.4x10.9 ... thats the same "actual size" listed for the 32x11.50 Pro comp mud terrains. I know it has to be a typo or something... well be BETTER be a typo!

they're big. dont worry. the were much bigger than my BFG Muds that were 32's. i love mine. i'm leaning towards goin to the 37 inch size if i can once i lift again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah that's gotta be a typo or something. They will look great man, hurry up with the pics.

Back