• Register Today It's free!

Need help finding gears!!

marcwithaC

Reaction score
City, State
Naperville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Ok, I need help ASAP! I want 4.56 gears. I have a 92 explorer XLT and I need to know where to get good gears and the correct gears. I also need them ASAP because I have ordered a bunch of parts and am trying to get my truck togeather quickly. Any help would be awesome and greatly apreciated. Thanks!

Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.ringpinion.com
Carry Yukon gears, installation kits, and everything else you need. Good, Safe, Cheap, Reliable, Quick, ECT.

Also! Make sure you get reverse rotation for the front Dana 35 axle!

Sweet thanks man! I actually looked there but I guess I wasnt paying attention or something but I couldn't figure the site out. It's kind of weird set up but hey it works. Anyway thanks again! I hope I got the right ones, I had them make sure I do (nice feature they have).

Marc

One thing with Yukon/Randy's is that the front Dana35 is listed as an AMC35

One thing with Yukon/Randy's is that the front Dana35 is listed as an AMC35

Haha, yes I figured that out after a little searching. Thank you though. :)

You probably already purchased the gears but what to you plan on using the rig for? trail only, daily driver/trail, etc...

Yeah I bought them. I'll drive mostly on the trails, but I will drive it on the road every once in a while, mostly in the winter. My other car is a camaro, it doesn't like snow, haha. Oh and too the trails which is about an hour drive. You thinking I should go bigger?

Yea I would say at least 4.88s. 4.56 will put you right about stock and while that isnt bad you'll more than likely want a little more extra grunt while off-road.

Yeah, oh wells, I should be alright, hopefully. Gas is a concern too so if all else fails, I'll get bigger some day, maybe when I start thinking about SAS, haha.

Back