Need Help Finding mini-led bolt lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help Finding mini-led bolt lights

Hey all,

I need to find some mini lights to use as a turn signal and brake light. I'm thinking of those bolts with the little light integrated into the bolt head. Put in the bolt, wire it up, and you're done!

Anyone know where to find them? I've tried many online retailers already, and some local places with no luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

like these?
Dead Link Removed
just call all the resellers in your area to see if they carry them.
i was at the auto store today and they had a lot of knock off brand stuff that imitates streetglow.

www.midnightmoose.com Click Accessories. I've bought from them and they were quick & good.
Ebay also has them...

Go to an auto store, they are called Cobra Eyez or something. I'm interested on why you want to do this? It would be barely visible in the daytime.

I used to have them in red in the license plate bolt. with them being so low they were hard to see

My new rear tire carrier obscures the passenger brake and turn signals. I want to just get 2 little bolt lights to put in the carrier. The turn signal is the main thing, but I'd also want to restore that side's running and brake light visibility.

Cory did this so the swinging arm on the carrier would be shorter, pics of the bumper and a new thread up soon.

Hmmm, those aren't exactly what I'm looking for, though they are a start.

I need some that have 2 brightness levels if possible, for a running light/brake light application. I know there are some that street rodders use on their custom rods for brake lights, I just need to find them.

Originally posted by Alec
Hmmm, those aren't exactly what I'm looking for, though they are a start.

I need some that have 2 brightness levels if possible, for a running light/brake light application. I know there are some that street rodders use on their custom rods for brake lights, I just need to find them.

I think the brightness of the brake, etc is just based on voltage to the bulb (i.e. when brakes are on, voltage increases and brightness increases). It might work.

Voltage is the same at all times. The brake light switch turns on & off the brake light circut.
Without pics I cant figure what you need, although I'm sure you do. Something with a dual fillement bulb. 1157, 3157 ...

Oh, that's right, forgot Ford's were dual filament. I'm pretty sure someother cars have a two stage voltage brake bulb.

I don't really care about running lights. I'll probably just get 2 red LEDs: one for turn and one for brake. If they can't see my rig at night with the other lights, they can get some glasses.

But if anyone finds dual brightness LEDs meant for this application, please let me know.

Hmmmmmmm, a possibility.

Back