Need help identifying two parts = see pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying two parts = see pics

08EddieCA

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 & 03 X (Eddie B & XLS)
I'm trying to identify the oily part located behind the oil filler stem. I'm also trying to identify the metal pipe that runs behind the alternator that connects to a rubber hose. Where it connects to the rubber hose, it's really rusted and dripping coolant.

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By the way, it's a v6 4.0 (2008). 130k on odo. I'm about to replace the water pump so I want to take care of these two items while I'm in there.
I think the top item is a type of pcv. The bottom appears to be a coolant pipe I'm unfamiliar with.

Bottom one looks to be your heater hose to the fire wall. Other one is crank case to intake air tube. Not sure of name.

Do you know if the intake air connector is supposed to look full of oil etc? That heater hose connection is leaking. I think I should replace the pipe and hose.

While you're at it, replace the thermostat housing. On the 4.0 V6, they're notorious for cracking, not matter what vehicle (Mustang, Explorer, Ranger, Sport Trac, etc.).

Back