• Register Today It's free!

Need help on Sport trac

meanness6

Reaction score
City, State
Suffolk Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac v-6 4.0 There is a single vacuum hose on EGR side but not that,that runs from throttle body around to fender well and down underneath battery to a port.What is that and does anyone know the size of this hose? Thanks for a reply !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on my 05 the hose that runs alongside the metal egr pipe is the vaccum line that goes to the EVAP purge solenoid. that dry rots and cause the typical 171/174 issue. if i recall the size is 3/8" i used line that is able to handle oil, fuel, and coolant. costs more but it holds up better. also i wrapped it with heat wrap (exhaust heat wrap) to keep it from drying

Thanks Buddy

You are correct as i just figured that out bout an hour ago and used same kind of line and have also thought of now wrapping it up in heat protection.The other one connecting to solenoid is beginning to look rough also around the end of motor side wear it connects to line going to back.Gonna tackle that next ! Also had the collapse of the 90 degree elbow that is on top of intake that connects to back to pcv.Between all them i`m sure was my reason for my same codes,at least i hope...Thanks again:)

90% of the time 171 and 174 codes pop up its a vacuum leak of some sort

Yeah,i think i had several !! I knew the hose we were speaking of was skeptical but when i got to looking more i found the 90 degree elbow collapsed they everyone talks about here,big hole there on bottom.Replaced that also and the cold air vent elbow as well....150.000 it was time.....

Back