Need Help... Pulling to the right! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help... Pulling to the right!

kid101skater

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
Ok so my 94 explorer was turning to the right.. took it into the shop, got new wheel bearings, rotated tires and got an alignment, So now it doesnt go to the right at around lower than 35mph. After that it still goes hard right, the front has basicly brand new tires on it... and was just alligned with those tires... what do i do!!!!!

I have herd to try swapping the two front's with eachother and that if it now turns to the right its the tires. what do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many miles on it? have you replaced the tierods or the adjustment bushings?
First gens are notorious for pulling to the right. you might have a bent wheel.

i just bought it 2 days ago!!!!!!!! lol.... and 149k on it... shop said everything looked good!

so im going to swap the two front tires from right to left... see if it goes to the left instead. cause if it goes to the left now then its the tires... so we will see. im going to double check the pressure but i think 1 was at like 38 and the other at 35 shouldnt make a diffrence with only 2 - 3 pounds

how many miles on it? have you replaced the tierods or the adjustment bushings?
First gens are notorious for pulling to the right. you might have a bent wheel.

So what's the common cause and fix for that?

Had a tire that turned out to be barrel shaped. Pulled to the right. Swapped the tires and it pulled to the left. It can happen.
But you say you've already rotated tires which should eliminate that as cause

it could be a ball joint issue as well, no matter how well you set the alignment, if your balls are worn out it will pull/feel loose in the front end...

I really don't feel comfortable talking about another mans balls....

Back