• Register Today It's free!

Need Help quick!

Buffalosports

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport - 4WD
I am replacing my master cylinder as we speak. I got the cylinder off almost too easy.... well it was too easy because now I can not get the brake fluid reservior off the old cylinder. How does it come off? Feels like if I pry any harder it is going to snap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the longest screw driver I own out, with the cylinder in a vice. I can actually see some of the white stress marks where the steam and the tank come together.

Ok got it off and the new master cylinder is on. I did bench bleed the master cylinder and plan on bleeding it tomorrow night. I will also be bleeding all four calipers to obvisouly get the air out of the lines. I started the truck once the new cylinder was on and had no preasure and the brake light was on. I am assuming that it because there is air in the lines and probably a little air inside the cylinder. With the old cylinder in place, the Brake light was never on. Is this a common occurance?

Ok got it off and the new master cylinder is on. I did bench bleed the master cylinder and plan on bleeding it tomorrow night. I will also be bleeding all four calipers to obvisouly get the air out of the lines. I started the truck once the new cylinder was on and had no preasure and the brake light was on. I am assuming that it because there is air in the lines and probably a little air inside the cylinder. With the old cylinder in place, the Brake light was never on. Is this a common occurance?

is the fluid level switch plugged in? and the ebrake is not on right?

is the fluid level switch plugged in? and the ebrake is not on right?

Ebrake is not on. I did plug the fluid level switch back in. Unless it did not push in all the way but I am pretty sure that it did.

is the float floating with brake fluid? you could probably use a pick and pull it up and see.

Not sure. How can I check?

Back