• Register Today It's free!

Need help tonight asap.

Montstr

Reaction score
City, State
SLC, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT.
Hey guys I have the Transfer case shift rail bore problem and found a transfer case but its out of a 2000 SOHC and mines a 97 SOHC. I need to call this guy back tonight and not sure if this one will work in my X. My tag said 4405-08 and his said 4450-15 I think. Will this work if not what years will work? I have to find one used since no way right know I can buy new or rebuilt. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 97 TC has the VSS mounted on it. The 98 and up TC has the VSS integrated into the ABS sensor mounted on the rear differential. 95 & 96 TC uses a different front output. So, the only TC that would be a bolt in replacement would be another 97 TC.

It is possible to build a hybrid case using the rear half of your TC and transferring the output tone ring to the new case, but that depends on the condition of your case. Another option is to have inserts machined into your case - there is a shop here in Sacramento that can do that to save the case.

bummer not the news I wanted but thanks, better to know before I pull one or ship one in.

Yep. It is a bummer because the 97 TC is the odd one. Mine still seems ok at 120k.

the search is on then, Thanks again for the info.

Back