Need Help with Sync 2

Bill Burch

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer LTD
Help Help!!!!!!!!

I Need some insight, have a 2013 Explorer Ltd purchased 6 months ago nice clean car well looked after came with Sync 2 with factory navigation, Sync has been working fine, until I started looking at the ford website inserted my VIN number, and said I have an update for the sync 2, so I downloaded the update following the instructions to the letter started my car and inserted in the USB drive started out downloading for about 20 minutes then did not go any further, the message came up that the update had failed, took out the drive and Sync was frozen where it had stopped, so I disconnected the negative side of the battery for 15 minutes and reconnected and the screen came back, did a master install but here is the but NO PHONE, NO NAVIGATION, RADIO IS ON BUT CANNOT CHANGE STATION OR TURN OFF, AND THE CLIMATE WILL NOT WORK NO HEATED SEATS ECT.

have called 3 Ford dealers in my area service adviser will call back but never do.

is this Sync junk or do I have to replace or can it be reinstalled?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Bill. :wave:
When you said you did a "master install" did you mean a 'Master Reset' through the MFT screen? Did you attempt to restart the update?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Bill. :wave:
When you said you did a "master install" did you mean a 'Master Reset' through the MFT screen? Did you attempt to restart the update?

Peter
Hi Peter , Yes did master reset through the MFT screen, today made a new update download with the car running started to download files got to installing 4 of 10, and sent an error message that not enough space or not compatible with this version now screen frozen again.

Just out of curiosity, what software version are you updating with and what is the currently installed one?

Peter

Just out of curiosity, what software version are you updating with and what is the currently installed one?

Peter
Here is where I think the problem started , when I went on the ford site said I had version 3.6.1 so I downloaded 3.10 why I think the download failed is the sync had the 3.10 already installed, after you complete a download install you are to go on the ford site and say you have downloaded the new version, what I think has happened is the previous owner did not do that, any way we have sync 2 version 3.10 that is installed, I can go through all Navigation I have just the compass showing, Phone tells me to turn on Bluetooth I say yes nothing happens, Entertainment radio will not turn off anything on the touch screen, Climate No heated seats can turn heat and air on from steering wheel, and no Voice,
So I did get a hold of a Ford service advisor in another town close by and he says it would take about an hour and a half to reprogram the sync so that's what I will do , will let you the outcome. appreciate all your help

Good luck Bill. Hope it all gets resolved.

Peter

Back