• Register Today It's free!

Need help..

sdcarter00

Reaction score
City, State
jesup, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Sport Trac LTD
I have a 2007 Sport trac, purchased recently. I just noticed a small blue led light on my dash, it is staying on all the time and now my car alarm does not chirp when activated, it activates but does not chirp....what is this blue light and how do I turn it off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its an alarm leach system im sure. i just had mine uninstalled. shop charged me half hour labor. i took it to someone because the module with the light had no identifying marks so i could not research it, but knew that it was screwing with the factory alarm. i didnt want to chirping and it would randomly honk an extra 5 times when locking for no apparent reason, all windows up and lights off. but when windows were left down it wouldnt chirp extra. then my alarm would arm as soon as i turned off ignition. and im clicking unlock on fob so i dont set off alarm being inside while armed. take that crap off

Does it have a factory alarm system? I dont know of any blue LED's on mine...nevermind, just saw the post above. Must be an aftermarket issue

any way to disable myself?

My factory alarm light is red.

any way to disable myself?

Follow the wires and clip them if you want, but good luck. I got a used Focus wagon a few years ago for my company and it had a real PITA aftermarket alarm in it that would even lock the doors while you were pumping gas. I couldn't even FIND the alarm and ended up taking it to the dealer and dropping about $250 for them to remove it without mucking up anything else.

My factory alarm light is red.

Follow the wires and clip them if you want, but good luck. I got a used Focus wagon a few years ago for my company and it had a real PITA aftermarket alarm in it that would even lock the doors while you were pumping gas. I couldn't even FIND the alarm and ended up taking it to the dealer and dropping about $250 for them to remove it without mucking up anything else.

yeah, my factory alarm is also red, this one is blue, and it constantly screws up my factory alarm, goes off without any reason, day or night, will not lock or unlock doors, the list goes on and on......

yeah, my factory alarm is also red, this one is blue, and it constantly screws up my factory alarm, goes off without any reason, day or night, will not lock or unlock doors, the list goes on and on......

Yup, you have an aftermarket alarm system that needs to be removed.

I have an aftermarket alarm. A blue LED also, but that doesnt mean we have the same alarm. I took my ST into a local alarm shop and they were able to tell me what brand it was and also printed me out instructions on how to change the modes. There should be a button/switch underneath the dash on the drivers side. Pressing it, with the key in, the right number of times should cycle through the different modes, or just disable it entirely.

Lets us know what you find out.

After much research, I have found out that this aftermarket alarm/remote start is Pursuit series Model PRO-9776, the blue LED is a spring loaded push button, that does nothing when I press it, I have tried turning ignition to start (not run) pressing button and nothing happens, have tried pressing button 3 times as manual says, nothing happens, I am inclined to believe that this blue light is the valet button, I just have no idea how to reset, and after hours on the computer yesterday, the blue light is still blinding me!

Back