Need name of reputable FORD dealer in Wilmington, NC. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need name of reputable FORD dealer in Wilmington, NC.

SWLathrop

Reaction score
City, State
Yorkshire,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 & 02 Stang, 94 Sable
My daughter is moving to Wilmington, NC. next week for her new job. I looking for the name of a reputable Ford dealership that she could go to when needed. Since she's driving a 2002 Mustang convertable (she bought new), she shouldn't have any problems since it only has about 8,000 trouble free miles on it. But if the need was to arise, I don't want her to get hosed over by a service department that has the "She's just a female, what does she know" mentality. Cause I will hear about it like always:) . Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I'm about an hour south of Wilmington. I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC and I get all my work done at the Beach Ford dealer. They take really good care of me and have actually saved me some money. I know some people that drive back and forth to Wilmington and it doesnt seem to cause that much trouble. Maybe someone closer to Wilmington can help out with more info on this thread~~~~~~~

There is a HUGE brand new Ford dealership just opened up in Raleigh. Can't tell you a thing about it though.
I have driven by it four or five times but that is it.

PM LowdPypes. he lives in Wilmington, NC

Raleigh is about 2 hours or so from Wilmington~ thats a pretty good haul for an oil change.:cool:

Originally posted by MattStarr
Raleigh is about 2 hours or so from Wilmington~ thats a pretty good haul for an oil change.:cool:
I did not know that.
( obviously )

What road is it on??

Is it on Capitol Blvd?? That's Capitol Ford. I think there's another one in Cary called Crossroads Ford. That's all I know.

In Wilmington, there's a dealer called Cape Fear Ford. I don't know if it's any good but it looks pretty nice. I'm sure there're a lot more dealerships there but I only know about Cape Fear Ford. It's off of College Rd.

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into the Cape Fear one as she'll be working at the big hospital there and hopes to be transfering to the Cape Fear Hospital as soon as there is and opening. I'll check it out next week. Thanks all.:)

For oil changes and things like that, Cape Fear Ford on Oleander Dr. is fine. However, I was there a few times for some warranty work on my ranger, and was not very iimpressed by their service department. I always had better luck at Fairway Ford in Burgaw (about 15-20 min north of Wilmington on I-40).

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
What road is it on??

I dunno the road but it is right there on Rt. 1 as I am comming into Raleigh from the north.

Thanks for the help. I pulled the infor for both Fairway and Cape Fear Ford. Will visit both while down there this week...:)

Back